- vote Technical incompetence at Wayfair -- is there anything worse?? Is there anything worse than Wayfair at this scale in terms of sheer technical incompetence and poor engineering practices? Wayfair's codebase and infrastructure are stuck in a pathetic, sorry state. The PHP repo, the databases (which are all mirrors in some way), the vertical scaling -- it needs t
- need some guidance blinders Kind of a lengthy read but I’m lost 15 yrs of exp Total comp 160k, no bonus, no stock, no sign on, dc area I’ve spent the vast majority of my career in the SAP space primarily, in a now depricated solution that SAP no longer promotes, doing massive implementations. I’m not a developer and the pa
- Which engineering path gets you the most tc? I have about 7 years of experience as a Full stack engineer. Spent the first 6 years in startups, so learnt a lot on the entire spectrum: front end, backend, data, dba, devops and even a little bit of ML. But now that i am moving over to more established companies, i realized that the roles are more
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- How do you deal with a career AND kids? Posting this in the women in tech section not because I️ think this is a woman only responsibility but because I️ want to know how women deal with it. I’m trying to rise in my career but I️ feel like I’m being held back by my kids and home life. I️ come home from work fully ready to grab a snack, do
- Bogus Startups burning VC money! I got a call from a recruiter to interview for a role at a startup company. Upon arriving in the office I saw that the office is extremely swanky. Free breakfast tacos. Fridges full of soda. Beer taps. Everyone with latest Apple hardware. I could compare this office to something from a more establis
- Bus-factor colleague was let go This post is mostly just to vent my frustrations. If anybody from my team sees this and recognizes it, I bid you hello. ✌️ So, a co-worker of mine was let go by the company today. I know this happens all the time with larger companies, but we are still pretty small so it makes an impact. What s
- How to move into a manager role? My kids are finally old enough so that I can get back to concentrating on my career. I want to create a plan on how to get into a management role where I’m compensated well (ie manager at a FAANG or equivalent). I keep hearing I need to be a Director at another company before I can even apply for a
- Referral to UBS at nashville Hello all, can someone please provide a referral to Oracle dba at Nashville in UBS company??
- Career/Tech Suggestions for Oracle DBAs to work for FB,Aws, Google etc Experts, I am one among the several Oracle DBAs looking to be part of Top companies like FB,AWS,Google,Apple,MS etc. Please share your suggestions on various Technologies to learn on top of database knowledge and experience. I know there are many Technologies like cloud, docker,kubernetis etc., wi
- link Ask for a raise or look for new role? I am a data engineer that works doing a lot of etl, performance tuning, stored procedure dev, general sql data management, and dba work. In my current role I have been taking on additional work in C#/ asp.net and other more software development type tasks. The problem I am having is I am now doing
- Junior Dev Destined for Failure I’m a Junior Software Developer who currently works for a real estate company who is not a tech company. There is no DBA, Project Manager, Architect, Strategist, Designer, etc. We are full stack developers who wear several hats and this is severely unorganized. Prior to joining I was a PM and then a
- Shifting from DBA role Been working as a DBA for about 7 years now as a contractor in multiple companies, I'm currently moving more into leading and building international teams than hands-on dealing with databases and I'm not 100% sold on doing that, I'd like to move forward to an actual tech company, what are your sugg
- Ideal role to switch into. With over 9 years experience as a DBA and BI dev, which role should I target if I wish to move into any big product based companies? I do have few months of C# experience and am working on my DS/Algo skills.. No Hadoop experience unfortunately.. :( Thanks!!
- New Career Path - More Technical Looking to get more technical as I expand my career. I've decided to go the DBA/Security route. I start a 6mos training program in January. My question is - 2 fold: A) is 6 mos enough to be dangerous (assuming I take it quite seriously)? B) is this an in demand role with smaller companies & big orgs
- Looking For SQL Server DBA Position Hello Guys, I am actively looking for a SQL Server DBA position as my current project is going to end in a couple of weeks. Please let me know if you have any vacancies in your company ( either Full time or Contract). I can Email you my Resume if needed. Thanks !!