- vote Technical incompetence at Wayfair -- is there anything worse?? Is there anything worse than Wayfair at this scale in terms of sheer technical incompetence and poor engineering practices? Wayfair's codebase and infrastructure are stuck in a pathetic, sorry state. The PHP repo, the databases (which are all mirrors in some way), the vertical scaling -- it needs t
- How do you deal with a career AND kids? Posting this in the women in tech section not because I️ think this is a woman only responsibility but because I️ want to know how women deal with it. I’m trying to rise in my career but I️ feel like I’m being held back by my kids and home life. I️ come home from work fully ready to grab a snack, do
- Bus-factor colleague was let go This post is mostly just to vent my frustrations. If anybody from my team sees this and recognizes it, I bid you hello. ✌️ So, a co-worker of mine was let go by the company today. I know this happens all the time with larger companies, but we are still pretty small so it makes an impact. What s
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- How to move into a manager role? My kids are finally old enough so that I can get back to concentrating on my career. I want to create a plan on how to get into a management role where I’m compensated well (ie manager at a FAANG or equivalent). I keep hearing I need to be a Director at another company before I can even apply for a
- link Ask for a raise or look for new role? I am a data engineer that works doing a lot of etl, performance tuning, stored procedure dev, general sql data management, and dba work. In my current role I have been taking on additional work in C#/ asp.net and other more software development type tasks. The problem I am having is I am now doing
- Shifting from DBA role Been working as a DBA for about 7 years now as a contractor in multiple companies, I'm currently moving more into leading and building international teams than hands-on dealing with databases and I'm not 100% sold on doing that, I'd like to move forward to an actual tech company, what are your sugg
- Junior Dev Destined for Failure I’m a Junior Software Developer who currently works for a real estate company who is not a tech company. There is no DBA, Project Manager, Architect, Strategist, Designer, etc. We are full stack developers who wear several hats and this is severely unorganized. Prior to joining I was a PM and then a
- Looking For SQL Server DBA Position Hello Guys, I am actively looking for a SQL Server DBA position as my current project is going to end in a couple of weeks. Please let me know if you have any vacancies in your company ( either Full time or Contract). I can Email you my Resume if needed. Thanks !!