- TOP TECH COMPANY RANKINGS - 2019 EDITION 0: Google, Facebook, Netflix 1: Uber, Airbnb, Apple, LinkedIn 2. Dropbox, Lyft, Square 3: Microsoft, Amazon, Pinterest, Twitter, Slack, Stripe 4: Salesforce, Yelp, Bloomberg, Adobe, Box, Tesla, Indeed, Splunk 5: Zillow, Oracle, IBM, VMWare, SAP, Twilio, Tableau, Glassdoor, Walmart Labs 6: Everything
- How to transition from small companies to bigger ones ? From 80k to 120k PM roles I think I went to 20 interviews in the past 2 years. Never got the job. I get approached on LinkedIn by recruiters for jobs at companies like wayfair, bed bath etc. My experience is at small companies where I do everything, built websites, edi integrations, account management for 30+ channels like
- vote Should you be able to support a family of 4 working 34 hours a week as a Walmart cashier? Recently saw an article decrying the fact that nationally, the average Walmart front end employee works 34 hours per week at $14.46 per hour which amounts to ~$25k tc, and is below the poverty line for a family of 4. This made me reflect. Should working 34 hrs per week as a cashier be enough to sup
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Join a company - Walmart, Workday or Twitter I got offers from Walmart and Workday (Twitter is preparing an official offer now) in the Bay Area. Workday team seems good but no vision..but good commute (please advice!). To me, Walmart is similar to Amazon as I worked at Amazon so I can continue working in the similar culture and career. Twitter
- vote Got 5 offers in one month, Whats next? I have been passively blinding and watching people get offers left and right and I wanted to give it a shout and tried out some interviews and got addicted to it. I was able to get 5 offers within a month but still not satisfied there is no stock sharing offers yet so, in my opinion, offers become u
- Walmart Tech Levels what are the career levels @walmart and how do they rank? (ie. is Staff greater than Principal is SE 1/2/3 lower than staff?) Thanks!
- Walmart labs vs Twitter I got an offer from Walmart labs' Search Personalization team and Twitter's Real Time Compute team which works on the real time streaming engine Heron and a Interactive SQL engine based on Presto. I have 6 years of experience but worked as an embedded SW engineer for the first 5 years and pivoted my
- Opinion on "big boring companies" As a software engineer in the very general "web development" space, what is your opinion about looking to work at big companies like Cisco, Pizza Hut, Nike, and the like? I know it's a very generalized question, but if you ignore FANG and the flashy startups of the world, what kind of companies are
- link Leave 250K TC to do coding camp? Plz advise Long time lurker first time poster so thanks for everyone’s input on this in advance. I’ll keep this short as this has been on my mind for some time. Background: CS undergrad from top 15 university, master from top 3 bschool (non-mba) Work: consulting 2 yrs and been in strategy and ops role over t
- Downleveled Offer from competitor Posting for a friend below. Current TC 180. New TC 210 + 45 sign on first year. (Supposedly the max for my level) 5 YOE in tech Current work situation is less than ideal. Both on team level and organization level. Company is starting to enter cost cutting mode and our office is a primary target fo
- Where do ex-Amazon FC Ops Managers go? I’ve seen individuals head to Walmart and Apple supply chain. Where else? Looking to transition career outside of Amazon to diversify experience. Considering consulting firms like McKinsey. YOE: 5 TC: 150k
- Postmates Vs Walmart ecommerce Have offers from postmates and Walmart ecommerce. Confused which would be better place to start SWE career in US? Any thoughts?
- vote Is having nothing better than Hotwire? I'm fed up of this organization and Expedia, to say the least. No career progression, bad quality of work, poor choice of people and petty politics. Hotwire has it all and worse. The technical management is made up of people with experience in companies like Yahoo, Walmart, Macy's, Ripple, Hotwire,
- Best WLB and good pay company Hello folks, I have two kids that are under 3 and I'm thinking a career change. Would prefer something that pays well but still have a good WLB, any suggestion? Google? Walmart lab?
- Reaching out for inspiration Hey blinders, First off thanks for creating this community! I am a fresh grad and got offers from Walmart labs, Cisco, ADP, and another small scale company. Considering to join Walmart labs or small scale company But I see a major shift in my mindset reaching end of my masters. Always thought big
- Looking for referrals for Apple/ Pinterest/ Walmart/ JP Morgan/ Square/ Slack I have 5 YOE in SQA and 1 YOE in software developer(my 1st job). I'm currently based at Chicago. In my career so far, as a QA engineer, I have designed and implemented automation frameworks for integration tests with comprehensive coverage using Selenium, spotted critical weakness of the applicatio
- Referrals for Early Career Product Management Roles-Lyft, Walmart, Salesforce, Twitter Would anyone be open to providing referrals for early career product management roles? I would really appreciate it. My background is 2 years of management consulting experience out of undergrad. I attended UChicago. I will send you a more extensive accounting of my background via PM. Most of the en
- Moving to Bay area as a new grad. Career suggestions? Going to join Walmart e-commerce - Sam's club technology org as SE 3. I plan to get to FANG in a couple of years from now. I'm interested in learning opportunity as well as growing TC. Any career suggestions are welcome. Thanks. TC: 180 first year 165 from second year
- How early can I switch? Hey blinders, I am about to begin my new grad role at Walmart. I am assured by many here that I won’t get challenging work there. So let’s say Walmart promotes in 2.5 yrs and they apply for my h1b visa in feb 2020. When should I plan my switch in best way possible considering I don’t compromise o