- Friend -> GF Started having feelings for a friend (were not super super close though). Positive that she is developing feelings for me too. Not sure how to make the move / if it’s worth it. Anyone else had a similar dilema? TC: 295K @ Uber HQ
- Which big name company has the nicest offices? I know Uber is building a brand new HQ which looks super sweet. How about the rest of the faang places?
- Meals at Uber? Does Uber HQ (SF office) provide meals for employees? Breakfast, lunch, dinner? What time do you need to stay for dinner?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Moving from Melbourne, Australia to SF In the next few months I will be migrating on an E3 with my spouse. - How do I go about finding a good and safe place to rent which is walkable to Uber HQ. How does one go about finding a place without any prior history in the US. - What tax surprises should I be concerned about? - Any tips
- Uber benefits Hi, I will be starting at Uber soon and had a few questions that I hope and appreciate your guidance on. 1. Health benefits: What would be the best plan for a family of 6 (4kids)? 2. Is there a Gym close by to Uber HQ? What about showers in the facility if one joins a Gym close by? Is there any Medi
- Good sign? Hiring Manager extended interview by an hour to take me to meet other people? I mean shit they walked me around to Uber HQ to meet people I’d be working with even though meetings were not in that building? Hopefully I didn’t piss anyone off on the panel lol
- Leaving before 1y experience I’m considering moving jobs with less than 1y at Uber. There’s a few considerations - 1. New manager is incompetent (recognized by several people on the team) 2. Also don’t really get along with manager 3. Team is redundant with other HQ teams and I feel is being sidelined to back office 4. Overwor
- Uber WLB (marketplace) What’s the uber WLB like these days in HQ? I like working hard but also like to take vacations once in a while that rejuvenate me to come back and work hard again. Do you get guilt tripped when you take vacation? I took approx 4.5 weeks (counting weekends) last year very strategically spaced out (
- Uber Compensation A friend(software engineer) revealed to me during a party that he only made 148k(base + bonus, not counting RSU) last year, and I believe he had been with Uber for many years 3+). Is this looking reasonable? It seems to be way to low but I think he’s very creditable. Location: SF HQ YOE: 5 maybe
- Uber Culture Hey Uber peeps. What’s the vibe like working in the SF HQ? If you’ve been there a while, how has it changed? If you’re from other tech companies, how is it better (or worse)?
- Uber employees - free Uber to Caltrain station from SF HQ? Finding housing in SF and was wondering that.
- Uber benefits What are some of the most liked benefits at Uber hQ?
- Best startups in Seattle right now? Would love to know if there are any that have a shot at being the next Airbnb, Uber, etc? Have to be HQ in Seattle. Not interested in remote teams.
- Uber Office Location It looks like I have the option to work at either the PA office or the 555 office. During my interviews, I only saw the 555 office but if I had to be honest the building felt a bit old/dingy, and really lacked any sort of “Uber” or hip-tech feel. It pretty much felt like a temporary office. From w
- Video conference interview after onsite Had onsite interviews at uber HQ for software engineer new grad. Recruiter emailed to schedule "one last 45 min video conference interview". The recruiter has not replied. I received this email on 11/07. Any ideas on what it could be about?
- Uber still being jerks to "customers"? A few years ago I showed up to Uber HQ to pick up lost keys that a driver was supposed to drop off. They tried to get me to stand in line with the drivers. Well, push comes to shove and "we are all customers here sir." I ended up leaving when they started threatening to call the police. Glad I di
- Referral? Fintech Data Analyst Hello, moved here a year ago (SO transferred to Uber HQ) and been working at a failing finance co (1st offer I got, Ive given them a year to redeem themselves) that has laid off a ton of people, except me and now I’m doing everything from ETL to Financial Reporting. 10 years experience in data analy