- vote Google L5 -> FB/Airbnb L6. worth it? Google L5 - 400k TC FB - 500k TC Airbnb - similar to FB (numbers not counting bonuses and refreshers) WLB is good at Google and work is reasonably interesting. Promo oportunities are harder to come by though. would be curious to get the perspective for those of you who made a similar move.
- FB/G: Grass greener on the other side When I was at FB, its blind channel was full of complaints about crappy code, bad wlb, high stress, etc. and folks advising to switch to Google, Airbnb etc. for a better life. I was there for 4 years, was fed up with the hectic life and moved to Google. Now on Google’s blind channel I see folks co
- vote Airbnb, DocuSign or Amazon Title says it. Am borderline HV/TT at Amazon and know I’m up for promo in Q1 (Seattle location). Have opportunities at Airbnb and DocuSign for equivalent and likely even higher level roles in both but don’t yet know comp offering, just know it’ll be higher than anything the promo will give me at Ama
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Move from Google to AirBnb/FB/Uber? I joined Google at an L4 level in spite of having higher level offers from other companies (level 5 and 6). My TC is 350k including 150k stocks and at the time it seemed ok. But I’m not satisfied with my level as I have 6yrs of experience. I have L5 offer from Uber n L6 from LinkedIn and yet to tal
- Infra @ Airbnb Seattle Have an offer to join Airbnb in Seattle. Perks, comp, wlb all look great. My one reservation is finding infra heavy work. My understanding is that Airbnb organizes teams vertically, so almost everyone is full stack. Are there teams in Seattle that just build back-end and have good growth/mentorship
- Facebook SF Office Was talking to a recruiter she mentioned they’re opening an Instagram office in Sf. I live in Walnut Creek so I wouldn’t want to work in Menlo Park. She said if I applied for the Instagram team I would get to work in the SF office. Should I take what she said with a grain of salt? Also how is it lik
- Facebook vs Airbnb I'm a new grad and I got both offers from these two companies in Seattle office. The level is IC4 of software engineer. The base and sign-on/relocation are the same. RSUs look very close after considering the liquidity discount. I did internships at both companies so I roughly know the pros and cons
- TC for Level 6 BIE and Data Engineers at Amazon? Hey guys! What is the band range for level 6 for BIE and Data Engineer roles? Background: I had a great year which showed both in my forte feedback and money i saved for Amazon. However my comp did not show any growth except for stock appreciation which was minimal. I was not offered any additio