AWS Solution Architect interview questions & concepts
Please add questions as you see fit. Good luck!
#amazon #aws #sa #interview
encryption at rest/in transit
symmetric and asymmetric encryption.
Web Application Firewall Vs Firewall?
Where are customer encryption keys stored
How would you mitigate a DOS?
What is identity management?
Different types of storage
NAS vs SAN
Can RAID1 be used for Gaming?
Dedupe vs WAN optimization
Why hash a file
object storage Vs file system
Puppet & Chef
If need to construct 3-tier layer of storage, how can you inline each tier?
Discuss durability vs availability Discuss SSD vs traditional disk
How would you analyze objects stored in S3 and share them with users
TCP vs. UDP
UDP Unicast vs Multicast
When would DNS protocol use TCP vs. UDP transport protocol?
hypervisor dns router & switch
Hypervisor- distinguish multiple VMs running on it and isolate them from the underlying h/w?
content delivery network
IPSec VS SSL VPN
How to speed up a high latency link/high speed link?
CDN - How does a CDN make web sites faster?
Optimize data flow over a high bandwidth/high latency link
Port numbers for (DNS, HTTP, Telnet)
QOS and bandwidth control
Difference between SQL and No SQL
hadoop - explain mapreduce
differene between oltp / dw
Describe how to best organize a data mart database
cluster and mirroring
database caching server
JSON vs. XML
How would you provide high availability for a database deployed on an instance in the cloud?
Why is it hard to horizontally scale a SQL database?
How can a database be scaled?
What is database indexing and why is it important
What ports do databases use
- Build a web site
- Desing a solution architecture for a web based small company?
- Design fault tolerant, load balanced video stream service
- Plan an e-commerce site for a small business
- Describe how you would architect a very critical website on the cloud?
- Given that you have a content rich E-commerce website, what kind of Storage Tier would you use to support the website?
- Draw a hybrid solutions for an enterprise customer that needs to store files online in a private cloud with 99.95% SLA and specify which AWS component you will need to use and details about security, access control etc
- There is a customer from the relevant domain (for me, it was public sector) that wants to create a site that shows some information, and also, push alerts for the end-users. Expecting Millions of end-users. Describe how to build this application. Consider - security, scalability and availability.
- Describe a web application and all of its components.
- What if Google decides to host youtube.com on AWS, how do you design your solution?
SOA Java and C
horizontal Vs vertical scaling
what does kernel do difference between java & C
loosely coupled application
Command line interpreter vs compiler
function of stacks? (POP(), PUSH() , TOP())
identify a circular linked list
bubble sort vs merge sort
Given n-million data elements, which would be the best,efficient, and faster sort method? What is the average, best, and worst case performance?
- What would you do if a web application could not talk to the database?
- How to manage web application state between EC2 instances running in an auto scaling group?
- What kind of Metrics would you monitor for the E-commerce website application front-end?
- How do you use CIDR for Troubleshoot a webpage that can't access the DB
- Troubleshoot why you can't access a webpage server
- Explain how to scale from a single 5 user database to a 50 user, 500 user, 5000 user and then 5 million user database and explain how to overcome each hurdle.
- Which algorithm does an Elastic Load Balancer use?
- How do you architect a design that is fault tolerant?
- Whats a three tier web page architect,and how do you monitor to see a bottleneck and how do you improve it
- If you collected logs and wanted to store them for 14 days then move them over to permanent storage for a few years how would you do this
- What is a web application firewall and how do you use it, what layer is it on?
- How would you monitor utilization of equipment in a datacenter ?
- What else would you do for a high volume distributed app web site