Please help evaluate the following offer for Amazon Seattle for a L6 Finance Manager.
Base 140K (I am told AMZN caps base at 160K for all)
Sign on 45K year 1 and 35K year 2
RSUs 70 in qty or around 120K in today's share price (5/15/40/40 over 4 years)
They are providing a lump sum to cover relo from East coast which seemed reasonable
8 years of work experience. I may have a competing offer to negotiate in next two days (but nothing confirmed yet).
- New inmannHi, Sorry was having issues accessing my account. I accepted the offer. They did budge on my total comp - signing bonus as well as a bit on RSU and a bit on salary. They probably budged because I am on the higher side of experience of typical L6.5 (almost L7 profile). So thanks to everyone for your inputs. Overall the HR managed the recruitment process really well with me and they communicated well throughout the process. And since the time of offer till date stock price is up almost 20% so in some sense that helped balance out from my perspective ;)Aug 27, 2018 0
- Hello All,
Could someone please help me get clarity around the levels? I am currently in process for a Senior Finance Manager position but I’m not clear on what the level and potential comp ranges are. Based on what I have found , it looks like an SFM is a Level 7 but is there multiple sub levels like 7.2, 7.5, etc and is level 8 still SFM or Director? On the comp side of things, what is the upper end of the range for a Senior Finance Manager? Based on cost of living difference between where I am now and Seattle, I would need between $350k and $400K to match other offers I have where I live now. My yoe breakdown is below. Thank you for any assistance you are able to provide.
15 yoe leadership
11 yoe FP&A specific leadership
- Sounds about right for l6.5 Finance job family has lower bands
- Amazon / Product OP1CanobimoreIt's a solid offer. I would push for little more on the signing bonus, there is a room to play there.
- There is nothing official as l6.5 but the fact remains that you will be managing l6 senior financial analysts and you cant get from l6 senior financial analyst to an l7 senior finance manager without becoming a finance manager, so that technically makes it 6.5
- Sounds about right, can negotiate a bit on the equity and sign on for year 2, don’t see the base or yr1 sign on going up