Do I have any room to negotiate? Im very happy with the offer, but articles say “always negotiate, always”.
Im happy with not, but should I anyways? And if so what should I ask for?
Stock: 4k (80k over 4 yrs)
SO: 26k yr1
Job specific bonus: 45k
EDIT: Yoe is 1 internship, newgrad with B.S
I anticipate WLB to be hell for this comp lol
- GE whybruhIs job specific bonus due to security clearance? If so, you can probably negotiate and ignore it for negotiations
- great year 1 TC for SDE 1. Higher than some SDE2s. year 2 will be around 140?
base is super low though. you have to give back relo if you leave within two years. job specific bonus - is it prorated? what’s the give back policy?
If you don’t have a better offer, I’d take and leave within a year
- You can add more for base. You can probably ask for 130K base and more SO bonus. What's your YOE?
A few months ago AWS offered me 130K + 30K first year SO, and 85K rsu for 4 years, and I told them No. So they can definitely offer better than your numbers.
- Why do you care about fairness? The important part is that you get the maximum benefit.
Not like Amazon has ever played fair with anyone. Don't be naive. Maximize what you deserve. Amazon doesn't care about their employees. You should take advantage of them. Plus, that company makes so much money, do you think they care about a few thousand dollars? Considering how stingy or frugal they are, I actually don't know.
- You could ask for better base salary... I hear 120 is usually the base for sde1