Stock: $105k / 4 years
Microsoft (Redmond) - lvl 61
Stock: $125k / 4 years
Sign-on: $40k split 2 years
I’m also taking into account the potential to learn/grow.
Update: Zillow beat Microsoft’s offer, I’ve decided on Zillow(Seattle).
- 1. The real salary is better at Microsoft. In Seattle, housing is much cheaper than in Bay Area (don’t get me wrong, it’s still very expensive), and WA has no income taxes.
2. On the other hand, as iOS developer you can potentially have much more career opportunities in Apple. But you can always pick up another language at any time!
- Apple bruhbruhApple. The company values really shine and they truely care about their employees. This coming from a previous retail employee. If retail is wonderful, I can't even begin to fathom corporate life. The HQ is new, built like a tank - specifically for employees. Apple really invests in you, your health, and your future. Also, money is not an issue for apple. Have a conversation with your hiring manager and see if they can compete
- I would take Microsoft to be honest. Cost of living and no state taxes alone make it worth it
- don't they have cap on shares at 17K per year for L61? and 22K for L62? yours seems to be higher than cap.
- And also dont forget.... as you get promoted or your salary goes up, you see more of that money every year because no state income taxes.
- Microsoft / Eng NotmsftHave you disclosed to ms your Apple offer? They may try to compete. I could certainly see 135k base for L61, and there’s room on the equity grant as well, probably up to 140/150 range.