Planning to buy a new home in bay area in 6-12months. What should I know before? I am pretty sure I can learn from Blind community expertise. Appreciate any tips from people who bought a house in the past. This post can be helpful to others as well. You do not need to be in bay area to give tips. It is free of cost.
YOE: 5 years
2. find agents who can give u 2% back
3. find out how much can u have as loan, get per month estimate
4. be ready for hidden costs taxes,insurance,water,electricity bills etc
5. always do home inspection
6. check school ratings
7. check best n worst commute times. do dry runs
8. check crime reports about the area.
9. dont give in to peer/spouse pressure of buying
10. IMO, u shud absolutely love the house cos u wud spend most of paycheck in loan
11. find about the builder, what is covered wats. not
12. u can choose only 2 most of the time commute vs loan vs house condition(old or new)