Can I Still Negotiate Salary and TC

New / Eng SubZero$
Nov 1, 2019 24 Comments

I have accepted an offer with a company for Software Developer Eng 2 Role. TC : 88k with 5% yearly bonus.
The initial offer was 81k and i managed to push it this high after 2 rounds of negotiation.
I feel i underballed myself, but ended up accepting the offer at that time as it was still a huge significant jump in salary from my pervious full time job from where i was laid off(no they were not aware of my situation at that time )and was working as a comtractor for a consulting company and wanted a full time job soon
My recuriter since then has changed and i have assigned a new one as i being moved ahead in the onboarding process.
Is possible for me to re negotiate the salary with them at this stage after having already accepted the offer? Could i get a base salary incrase or a signing on/relocation bonus? if yes how can i go about it ? if not any advice or suggestions to calm a frustrated mind. Plz let me know



Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 24 Comments
  • Elavon / Project grownup
    If you have already accepted the offer, it would be pretty unprofessional to try to renegotiate at this stage with no change in circumstance.
    Nov 1, 2019 5
    • Apple lhqpt
      Exactly. Just continue grinding. Even right after u start u continue to interview till u get one willing to pay top $$$ and u move
      Nov 1, 2019
    • New / Eng SubZero$
      Thanks a lot guys this helps. Thanks for the encouragement and positive vibe. Appreciate it
      Nov 1, 2019
  • Twilio UeCM65
    Yes you definitely underballed yourself. A definite lack of balls
    Nov 1, 2019 4
    • F5 Networks wait,what?
      🔥 ^^^^welp, it’s 7:07 am PST and I’m pretty sure this is going to win the internet today. 🔥

      I’m going outside now.
      Nov 1, 2019
    • Twilio UeCM65
      OP here is my advice: learn how to write. Your TC will go up
      Nov 1, 2019
    Nov 1, 2019 7
    • Cornerstone infstone
      Focus on GC and start leetcoding. Jump as soon as you have approved I-140. Don't negotiate again.
      Nov 2, 2019
    • New / Eng SubZero$
      I am leaving a contract job via a consulting company to take up this full time job.
      The consulting company were ready to file my GC right now but the client ended the contract all fo a sudden and now they have to find me a new contract with a new client and file my H1 transfer again ....
      I took up the full time job option even though the pay was less and they saying they would do GV after 6 months on good standing.
      Is my choice correct and a wise one ? That is taking the full time job over the contract job even though my contract company is willing to file GC right now but full time job is planning to do it after 6 months? Thoughts
      Nov 3, 2019
  • HP / IT

    HP IT

    lover of exponential time solutions😘😘
    Well you can't negotiate too hard when you have no other alternatives. Everyone on blind who negotiates usually have multiple competing offers.
    For now you can probably keep trying to find something better if you don't feel good about your current comp.
    Nov 1, 2019 0
  • Daimler / Eng Ha@@@
    Take the offer and start interviewing..
    Nov 1, 2019 0
  • F5 Networks wait,what?
    Just take the offer and start searching for a job right away. I don’t see the big deal.
    Nov 1, 2019 0
  • Spotify / Eng qbeforeu
    too late
    Nov 1, 2019 0
  • Cisco
    🦙 Alpaca


    I am the Alpaca. DM me if you want to cuddle.
    🦙 Alpacamore
    You can try lol I wonder what recruiter would say once you bring up negotiation after you have accepted the offer
    Nov 1, 2019 0


    Real time salary information from verified employees