Choosing offers

New xsAQ47
Dec 9, 2019 13 Comments

Hello, I have an offer at a startup in sf with 120k cash + 30k pre-ipo shares (currently at $.1 each)/ year. The startup raised 4mil in seed funding. I may also get an offer for Resident Enginnering position at Google which is a fixed one-year program with very high conversion rate to full time software eng. Salary for resident is $120k/year. I am graduating now with Bachelors having 4.0 gpa, 550 LC, 2 internships and 3 publications. I have been referred to fb, splunk, amazon but awaiting response. Should I choose between current offers and which or should I keep interviewing and why? I am graduatung at an unknown university in midwest. Thanks

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 13 Comments
  • Square AzID47
    Unless you know something about the startup that makes you specifically excited... there's always going to be a job like that available to you. Having Google on your resume counts a lot, probably more than it should.
    Dec 9, 2019 5
    • Square AzID47
      As long as you're sure there's no chance the Google offer will go away while you're doing other things, it's fine.
      Dec 9, 2019
    • New xsAQ47
      OP
      Sounds good. Thanks
      Dec 9, 2019
  • Value the startup shares at zero. They are lottery tickets.
    Dec 9, 2019 0
  • Amazon readme.q
    Sign with google while
    Waiting for other companies in normal
    Position

    Worst case you land at google and able
    To continue from there
    Dec 9, 2019 1
    • New xsAQ47
      OP
      Got it. Thanks
      Dec 9, 2019
  • Kabbage yGEx24
    Keep interviewing, with 550LC practice you’ll be able to ace one of the FAANGs.
    Dec 9, 2019 1
    • New xsAQ47
      OP
      Thanks
      Dec 9, 2019
  • wait for fb or just do google.
    Dec 9, 2019 1
    • New xsAQ47
      OP
      Are uber/ twitter not worth the wait?
      Dec 9, 2019

Salary
Comparison

    Real time salary information from verified employees