Guide me on front end engineer career path
I recently attended an on-site interview in amazon and failed mostly because of system design I think. They didn't give me any specifics. I also failed facebook phone screen.
Now I'm preparing for interviews and looking for a job change at top tech companies for more challenges than my current job. And I'm willing to learn and improve my skill set.
1. I lack in system design, since I'm a front end engineer. So I'm focusing on it right now. Reading 'designing data intensive applications', grokking the system design. (Thanks to blind) How else I can improve?
3. I'm average in problem solving skills. (I can solve easy and some medium questions) So started leetcoding to improve on my algorithm and data structure skills.
4. What else I can do to prepare well? What are the important things I should focus more?
5. How can I improve my soft skills? Leadership skills?
6. What are the top tech companies that are good to work as a front end engineer?
7. What are the next possible career path I can choose? (I love to code rathar than management)
Any guidance and advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.