Internships between Oath/Yahoo APM vs. MongoDB PM
Hello: I'm trying to decide between two internships Oath/Yahoo APMs and MongoDB. I'd appreciate hearing some inputs to make a good decision. If you have worked/interned at these companies, I'd love to hear your thoughts, too!
1. Pay doesn't matter much since I'm focusing on diversifying my skills and experiences. I've interned as software engineer in the past.
2. Oath/Yahoo seems to have a solid APM program and great mentorship (started by Marissa Mayer who also started the Google APM program). MongoDB has fun internship program (heard from a friend who was an engineer intern, not sure about PM).
3. At Oath/Yahoo, I might have a chance to work on consumer facing products (more impact?) vs. the business products at MongoDB.
4. Location: Bay Area vs. NYC.
5. Two things I'm unsure about Oath/Yahoo are:
- The news about brand name change to Verizon Media and budget cut.
- There's quite an amount of people who seem to be not happy there (e.g., Blind, Glassdoor). All feedback were from engineers though I'm not sure about PMs.
Side note: I also received an engineering internship offer from Facebook but I think I'm gonna try out PM which might open a door to the full time APM programs such as Google, Twitter, Lyft, etc.