Is it normal to meet 7 people or have 7 rounds in an on-site interview?
I had an on-site with a startup for a Lead Data Scientist position, which initially comprised of 5 interviews. But, I ended up having seven rounds.
1. Presentation of your best data science project (30 min)
2. Machine/Deep Learning round (1hr)
3. Coding - (1hr)
4. Lunch with some behavioral questions - (1hr)
5. Coding and system design - (1hr)
6. Exit interview with CTO - (30 min)
7. Another exit interview with the head of data science - (45 min)
I was dead by the end of the day — 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
Is it usual to have so many interviews? Is it because it's a startup?