Landing a top-tier PM job in the US. Long-term plan
Hey blinders, is it the right place to ask for career advice?
My goal is to relocate to the US and get a Product Management job at a top-tier company, and I am not sure how to achieve it.
I'm an entrepreneur who launched two relatively successful IT businesses in Russia, working there both as CEO and PM. 7 years total experience, 5 of them running my own businesses.
- The budget that I was managing as a CEO/PM was $500k/year max
- I do not have any formal PM experience. Only working at my own business
- I neither worked in any English-speaking environment or built a company for the international market (though my English is pretty good)
- I don't have a strong network outside of Russia to refer me
- Will require visa sponsorship
I'm currently actively interviewing with some companies from the US, Canada, and the UK. None of them are top-tier, just "meh".
What path do you think I should take to achieve my goal?