Wanted to share LinkedIn onsite experience.
Position: Staff SE
1. Host Manager Round:
Went well. Some past experience questions and architecture questions. He seems convinced.
2. Coding + Algorithm Round:
Went well. Only one question. Leetcode Hard(not same but similar prob). Able to talk about approach and completed coding.
3. Lunch Interview Round:
Went okay. Asked few general questions and answered few questions from the interviewer. He did most of the talking relevant to company and my interest. Paid attention and asked good questions.
4. Staff Craftsmanship Round:
Went okay. Able to answer question okay. Lot of question on quality, priority, coaching etc. i think i did okay here. Maybe not my best. Really could have been better.
5. System Design Round:
Went well. Able to come up use cases and clarify use case. Asked lot of questions. I was able to show different approaches And trade offs.
6. Coding + Implementation Round:
Went well. Only one question. Leetcode Hard(same). Able to come up defining input and output, algorithm and coding. Ran a few test cases.
Overall, I feel I did good job but feel that I could have done better in Staff craftsmanship round.
It’s has been 4 business days and counting. Do you think I have a chance?
- Microsoft ClashRoylWhy LinkedIn now man? Budget is tightening and opportunities will reduce.
- LinkedIn fptT40Take a linkedin Premium account and see if any of the linkedin managers check your profile. Usually a manager checking your profile after interview suggests their interest. It took ~10 days in my case for the recruiter to get back and knowing that someone is looking at my profile assured me of my chances.
- LinkedIn / Other T%nt0wnAlways let recruiters get back to you first - do not hurry up the progress yourself. On the other hand, it is “went well” rather than “went good”.
- LinkedIn InfraIt can take us a few days to get things together. I though that recruiters would normally tell candidates to wait at least 5 days. It wouldn't surprise for replies to take a week. (Good or bad)