Meraki Data Scientist Compensation Review
Current: ML Engineer with PhD and 4 YOE, TC = $200k
Breakdown: $165k base / 0 bonus / 25k stock (ends after 2020) / 100% covered benefits (my value $10k*)
Great work-life balance, not much learning opportunity or growth
Offer: Data Scientist Grade 10, TC = $235k
Breakdown: $185k base / 15% bonus / 25k stock with refreshers / 90% covered benefits / $10k sign-on bonus
I was told great opportunity for growth and big impact
*This is hard to estimate, but the difference in benefits equates to -$10k if I accepted the role (health/dental/vision insurance + dependents, services, parental leave, 401k, etc.)
1. What are the salary bands for grade level 10 data scientists at Cisco?
2. How long do people typically spend at level 10 before getting promoted 11? What's the salary range for level 11?
3. What should my expected title be (senior/staff ?) for someone with my experience?
4. What are some things I should negotiate if I'm hoping to stay there for 2 years? 4 years?
5. The role would be doing machine learning. What's the equivalent grade level and salary range a software engineer?
6. Are there any other questions I should consider?