YOE: 6 + Masters
With my YOE, I was hoping for L62 or even an L63. But it is what it is.
After some negotiation, these are the numbers I have.
Microsoft Cloud + AI Core Platform, Redmond
L61 (Offer letter doesn't mention this, though. It's what the recruiter says.)
Signing bonus: 40K
RSU: 140K (Offer letter doesn't mention a vesting period of 4 years. Any reason for worry? Offer letter says this: On-hire Stock Awards are approved on a monthly basis, with vesting commencement on the approval date.)
Annual bonus: 0 - 20%
Relocation: Full relocation assistance and $2500 relocation allowance. (Moving from Bay Area)
Other benefits are standard: 50% 401(K) match, eligibility for SSA, ESPP etc.
The initial offer was 127K base, 25K bonus and 75K RSU. I asked for 135/40/180 and got 135/40/140. I'm content with this and don't want to stretch my luck further.
I'll be joining the Cloud + AI Core platform. Is this the same as Azure Cosine? On the one hand, I've seen people ogling over MS Cloud + AI on Blind here. On the other, some folks have written disappointing comments over Cosine and how it's all outdated legacy work. My future MS manager has terms like 'M365 workplace' and 'management infrastructure' on his LinkedIn profile. Any hints on what that work will be like?
For those interested in my post on the interview: https://www.teamblind.com/article/Microsoft-Google-and-Facebook-Interviews-EhJzvziv?cid
YOE: 6 + Masters
- Best L61 industry offer I’ve seen. Industry offers usually suck and RSU usually top at 85k
Great job OP
- Yeah that’s a good TC. What product, do you know? COSINE is a very fickle animal...
- Snapchat snxbdamn this relocation allowance
probably you are relocating from the moon, right?
- Amazing offer especially stock part. Never heard of anyone this high. Is it Redmond or Bay?
- Target horsepowerOP: 75k initial RSU -> Negotiated 140K RSU is really good. What did you say to your recruiter to make him convince this.
- If you find phone negotiation a little too confrontational, you can negotiate over email too.
I simply let the recruiter know over email what my expectation was. I asked for 135K base /40K sign-on/ 180K RSUs and got 135/40/140. If it was any lower than this, I probably would not have accepted this offer.Dec 4, 2019 0