Rate a msft offer :
Base : 170K
Stocks : 260K/4years
Sign on : 80K
Annual Refreshers :
Target bonus : 0-30%
Target Stocks : 0-48K
Recruiter said its a out of band L64 offer. I think they are down leveling on level. Not getting L65 is surprising because I nailed all the interviews. Had 6 or 7 rounds for 3 teams, target level : L64/65.
Total experience: 7 years
Current TC : 270K in NYC, leading a team for over a year now.
Waiting on my final Fb/G numbers but liked the team at MSFT overall. Will really appreciate any feedback on this. Anyway to get them for L65/principal? These are initial numbers.
And yes, I grew really fast in my career before anyone asks.
Rate a msft offer :
- Symantec GogoIBasically your second year target comp will be $264K
FB/G will easily beat it on L5.
MS will need to bump a level to compete and will not be able to match L5 comp even on L65.
- lol Microsoft L63 only meet Amazon L5 bar. So this is nothing spectacular. Most of my friends became L63 in 5 years. But it's good that you are satisfied with your growth. I would still advice joining Google/Facebook/Amazon anyday over Microsoft. Btw majority of Amazon L6 make 300k+ . I know Google T4 making more than 300k as well
- On a serious note, Amazon does hire average L4s from college but it treats it top employees really good. It promotes leadership and some people can thrive under it and some cannot. I have never worked more than 40 hours a week. Hear my story, I joined Microsoft right after college. I was surprised by the shit quality of engineers at Microsoft. Even some L63 at Microsoft were horrible technically. I left Microsoft after 2 years reaching only L60 and joined Amazon at L4 with starting L5 salary. I work average 40 hours a week. I look forward to going to work whereas I hated the shitty work as well as attitude at Microsoft. Long story short I made L5 at Amazon in a year and 3 months and then L5-L6 in 2 years
- Unity angstismeMicrosoft always errs on the side of under leveling, because they don't want to hire someone into a level where they may not be promoted for a long time.
This is especially true for l64, because promos at 65+ are slow and difficult.
Depending on your trajectory, you may be better off taking that level 64 position and being in the top of the performers versus being in the bottom of the 65s, as bonus, etc may be better.
But, you'll probably be most better off if you take a Facebook or Google offer.
- Oracle Facebook!That's a solid offer from MS. What don't you wait for FB? Their E5 offers are better than any FANG.
- yeah, they said they can pay at principal level but not giving L65:( Dont think this is principal either.
- As I said before, new hires with big stock grants are special. That’s what they meant by his L64 offer being at L65 pay. They meant his TC will be comparable to average people at L65 who’ve been at the company a while or didn’t get above-average sign-on grants. The standard stock grant offers for industry hires are 4-5x the target stock award at that level (basically jump starting your stock grants so that it’s as if you’ve been getting target at that level for 4-5 years). If you get something larger, then you’ll be doing better out of the gate than people who’ve been there and hitting target at that level.
Leaving sign-on awards out of it, getting above target rewards at 65 can definitely get you to 300k or a bit beyond.Jun 16, 2018 1
- Microsoft melvIf you get an offer from Google or FB take it. They give garbage stock refreshes at msft .
Level 64 targets 24k stock per year spread out over 5 years. Level 65 is 35.
Ask the recruiter what the stock levels are for your level and compare to goog/fb.