- Can people please evaluate this offer for 64 SDE (redmond).
Base:185, Annual Stock: 50K, Sign-on: 50K (plus annual bonus and refreshers)
- Have 10 yoe plus MS plus tech-lead for a long time. Already a principal eng in my current
organization.Not able to negotiate for level 65.
Is it too tough to get in MSFT as a 65?
Thanks for the suggestions.
- Microsoft / Product BrazukamoreLooks pretty good. Without competing offer it would be hard to get more.
- Don't join as L65. You will have a tough time getting amazing reviews given the others in your peer band. Join as a senior, milk the level, then ease into principal position. L64 is a great spot to accumulate experience and prove yourself.
- @stpd I gave advice based on sitting in on 10s if not 100s of performance reviews. When you join MS first, don't be greedy and hardball negotiate yourself into a band where you will have it tough and straight away get bad reviews. You can negotiate a higher TC while being easy on the level.
- Microsoft vTk96L65 is really hard to get because of diverse loop requirements for that level. Hiring managers are not allowed to hire someone at L65 unless they have already interviewed at least two diverse candidates. So most hire exclusively L64 or lower because of how long it takes to find two diverse candidates to interview.
- What is the L65 cash bonus and stock bonus percentage? How many years will it take for L65 to L66 as IC, if you are a L65 IC?
- Hi Guys, received my offer and have a Qs. I dont see the annual stock (refresher) amount is mentioned in the offer letter. It just says that you’re eligible to receive the annual stock awards. Is that the way it works?