RSU: 90 units
Joining Bonus: 50K year 1, 40K year 2
Relocation package: 10K
I feel the RSU and joining bonus is low. How much room do I have for negotiation?
Currently in CA and current package is slightly better than this ~220K TC
YOE: 6 years
- Re: negotiation: always, ALWAYS ask for more. Worst that can happen is that they say no.
- There's not much room left. You are above the middle.
Your relo plus signing is 60, I don't think you'll get significantly more, but you could probably get an extra 5-10k out of signing. I don't know if they'll go higher on RSUs because you are very near the top of the band.
- MathWorks cJ8oNwI have similar yoe and received higher sign on and higher rsus, but lower base. If you have competing offers, you can probably push RSUs and sign on up.
- Amazon wnxK3yNote that Seattle has no income tax so that's a 10% increase in your salary
- New monomoWhy do you guys see base as such an important thing here? Would it matter if the difference is compensated through rsu and jb?