Offer review: AMZN/Bloomberg now or maybe GOOG
Currently in the offer stages and have a bit of a dilemma.
Have an offer from Amazon with 160 Base, 80 Y1/60Y2, 120 shares. At 1960/share that’s about 255/year. For SWE 2.
Google I have passed Hiring Committee but can’t seem to find a team. Have done two where there was no match and one found someone right before our call. These team matches were before HC, so hopefully passing HC will help with TM. Passed HC for L4.
Currently at Bloomberg with 265 TC (210 base and 55 bonus). Current Senior SWE.
Amazon is pressuring me to sign, I believe I can get them to 290/year if I am willing to sign this week. EDIT: I know I can keep pushing them. But if I have the leverage that I’m waiting for Google, I think I’ll get a better offer than keep waiting and finally accepting. EDIT Done
I don’t want to take the risk of Google Team Matching taking 6 months and then no offer at VP stage. My G recruiter knows I have this offer and a couple from other companies I wouldn’t accept anyway. He doesn’t know I wouldn’t accept the others obviously.
I am interested in the role at Amazon and the manager seems great. I have no clue about the Google role because I haven’t passed team matching.
Any thoughts on what to do?
YOE: 4.5 + Masters, all in the US