Level: Data Engineer 2
Joining bonus: 2 years in Amazon so that’s gone
RSU: 150 units ~ 225k now have 20% of it
Exp: 10 years
Level: IC 4 Principal
Joining bonus: 20k
RSU: 7500 units 337k over 4 yers 25% each year
TC ~ 250k if stock stays same as today for next 4 years
Level: MTS 1
Joining bonus: 30k + 20k for 2 years
RSU: 2500 units ~ 100k over 4 years 25% each year
TC ~ 200 k if stock stays same as today for next 4 years
Level: Senior Engineer
Joining bonus: 30k
Options: 30k stock priced at ~ $2 over 4 years 20% on first 2 years each and 30% next 2 years each
TC ~ 170k if Coupang doesn’t go for listening else something don’t know
Need your opinion on the offers.
- New techyogiCalculate tc for each one and post that too. Don’t expect the busy folks here to do that for you and give advice on top for free 🤑🤑
- eBay / Eng dbeudnmoreYou are missing annual bonus and refreshers. At ebay you’ll get 10% bonus and 40k+ refresher
- Why leave Amazon: my team is only adding L6s but no promo for existing L5 people in the team. Now my team has 50:50 ratio of L6:L5. If I move to another team I have to sit for 2 years again. Do you think it’s worth?
- Amazon RBMY63New promo process that trialed last year and is in full effect now.
Portfolio is essentially the data and feedback from people at or above the level to be promoted to. This is all gathered up when the document is to be written. CRs, designs, deliverables, feedback from business and tech witnesses, etc. Calibrated approver is the third layer in assuring the promo is appropriate. Your manager, your skip level, and someone calibrated to the bar outside your team (the CA) all have to agree.
- Location? Except for oracle you are making less in other places compared to amazon. If you are closer to DE 3 I would suggest stay at amzn.