Oath / Mgmt Atinlay1
TOP 56 Comments
- Let us know what bank approves that mortgage so we can avoid it like the plague
- To be fair, it’s not like OP’s income puts them wildly outside of affordability. It’s on the edge of being too much debt. Back in the day (pre crisis), you could say you had any income, and it wasn’t checked. That was the real problem.
People making 200k a year with million dollar mortgages were not the cause of the 2008 financial crisis.
- Amazon / Mgmt Db8db4Max should be 4 times your annual income (with current interest rates).
- Dave Ramsey is stupid. He is financially TOO conservative. He doesn’t know how to actually play the game, he rather not play it. I can go and tell everyone to cook at home, get a $400 dollar shared apartment, sell their newish car and get a 10yo one and to save until they can pay for their home with cash or have at least 20% downpayment and a 6month safety net. He is no guru, he just knows how to put on a show and spit out common sense plus a bit of extra conservative stuff.Mar 26, 2019 4
- Money is getting to your head.
If you really want a house this expensive, save up and put 50% down. At 10% down, those monthly payments will eat you alive.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- New ™️©️200k should get you closer to perhaps a 700k house if you don’t want to retire when you’re 82.