I am a 28yo female software engineer living in the South Bay.
I am at a conundrum: I don’t know if I should dump my current boyfriend. I am pretty career oriented, while he is not at all and that bothers me. He pursued a liberal art degree and is basically working a minimum wage retail job, living with roommates. The problem is: he is really attractive and we also have very good sexual chemistry, something I looked for a long time.
Before him, I tried to date tech folks but for some reason it never worked out, I lost interest quickly and our sexual compatibility was also horrible, they all had very low stamina and were working way too much to be in the mood for fun.
I am sure I might have been part of the problem, but I feel I am attractive enough, I work out, stay fit and take care of my skin, so I don’t understand why my man wouldn’t want to jump on me all the times (this current one does lol)!
Flagged by the community.
- Men rarely grow up. Take it or leave it. At least he's not deceiving you into thinking he's the long-term family kinda guy. If you can afford him then go for it but I doubt it. Eventually you'll get tired of running the household by yourself.
- I stand by my statement. Get married and see who change and who remain the same. Women expect their husbands to change after they get married, while men expect their wives to never change. But guess what? Boys will always be boys, the only thing that changes is their toys get more expensive as they grow older.
- Hotwire MrSapiensLooks like the guy is doing pretty well. He's having time of his life by dating you and having all that he wants, while taking minimal stress. The real question is, can you afford him? He's not expensive but you might want to become one. So, that's the real question . Since relationships are often like job, the simple advice would be to keep looking until you find a better one.
- If you're thinking of dumping him, you don't like him as much. Do it.
When I like someone, that's the last thing I think about.
- Intuit 364689I think he’s great except I feel he doesn’t care as much as my ex. Meaning if i tell him I’m stressed he’ll say some generic response saying it’ll get better. I’ve been stressed on wether to cut things off or if I should give him more time if he’s shy. He mentioned he hasn’t dated in more than 2 years