Switching career to PM role. Need advice.
Planning to switch to product manager / associate product manager roles. Is it possible for my profile?
How should I go for it?
I am reading stuff from Cracking PM / + other books + going through online courses
But I fear my efforts should not go in vain if no company considers me for that role. I would work on coding interviews instead.
For existing PMs and EMs - Would you consider me for a APM role?
Current job title- Sr. Customer Success Engineer - 2 years
Past- 3yrs software engg (out of USA) + 2 years at Big 4 as tech consultant (USA after masters)
Bachelors in computer science engg | Masters in information systems management from Carnegie Mellon University
Current Roles and Responsibilities-
1. Work with customers as a support Engineer + Solution Engineer.
2. Write scripts + tools for customers in python / java / shell
3. Work with ENGG to discuss and setup priorities on BUG Escalations
4. Work with PMs in discovery / design phase of feature / gather requirements from customers
5. Lead sync up meetings based on engg teams/ offshore
6. Often involved into PoV / Sales Enablement troubleshooting.
7. Work with OPS to resolve SAAS issues
8. Improve support process as and when possible.
In short I have to wear various hats at a time and multitask.
Just a note, Customer Interaction is part and parcel of my life. I understand and convey their pain points effectively to all internal stakeholders.