Location: Palo Alto, CA
Bonus: 10% (based on company performance instead of personal performance, very easy to hit based on data from previous years)
Stock: 325k over 4 years (Salesforce stock)
Currently making 210k at Amazon as an SDE2 but am based in Seattle.
I have onsite interviews scheduled with LinkedIn and Lyft and I'm waiting for offer details from Instacart.
I really like the team I interviewed for. Everyone was super nice and friendly. Looks like WLB is also pretty good. Also prefer working in South Bay compared to SF.
What do you guys think? How much space do I have for negotiation? I'm hoping I can get better numbers from Instacart but I'm not sure if Tableau matches it since Instacart is still private. Or should I just finish interviewing with Lyft and LinkedIn first (will have to ask to extend my Tableau offer deadline in this case)?
--- Update on 20191204 ---
They increased based to 180k after I told them my competing offer and I happily accepted the offer. Thank you all for your help/insights!
- I work with a team in PA and they’re amazing folks. Great WLB, and great product. There’s a lot of uncertainty as we migrate to Salesforce, but tableau is more generous with stock. I’d take the offer if I were you.
- 170 is near the high end of salary for senior, but there might be more room for additional RSUs. I know that the high end there is around 450k, but usually that’s for people for more experience (the days of 600k are unfortunately over). Please reach out to me directly if you’d like to know more specifics..Nov 30, 2019 1
- Amazon uIKW11Will you willing to share your onsite interview experience and what did you prepare? I have my onsite coming soon.
- I didn't really prepare anything specifically for Tableau. Also I'm pretty sure the majority if not all of my interviewers are actually on the team I interviewed for. I don't know if this applies to other teams.
My process was pretty standard. Normal whiteboard coding and system design questions. Lunch with the hiring manager during which he asked some behavior questions.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Mainly weather and having more friends in the bay.
I'm aware that Lyft and possibly LinkedIn can beat it but I really like the team I interviewed for. Based on what my Lyft recruiter told me, Lyft team match could take a while and there's just a lot uncertainty. I'm hoping to make a decision soon due to some personal reasons.