Do you even update your algorithms for pick-up and drop-off optimization based on feedback?
Lately your routing has started sucking more than ever. I would request you not to support commuter benefits and express pool, if you are going to make a ride triple the time than it actually needs to be.
EDIT : Updated the route pic. Now decide for yourself.
- Amazon MJQU84Glad someone brought this up. Uber pool is a nightmare in India. I don't think they have algorithms for pool. There is probably a person manually routing cars behind the scene. I have stopped using uber pool altogether.
- Uber $ROPEPools not designed to be fast. It's designed to be as quick as transit (which it is).
The reason it "sucks" is because you're comparing it to Shared, which Lyft does a worse job at utilizing. They're actually suing NYC because drivers who drive shared are making less than minimum wage.
Don't take Pool if you need to get somewhere with a strict start time/can't give yourself the right time buffer.
- @$Rope, stop criticizing other service and rather improve yours. I strictly mentioned triple the ride time, since I expect it to be at par with normal public commute. And I also mentioned the situations where it’s trying to push people to use expensive options. Check the image attached above and then reconsider replying
- Yet another day. This time I didn’t even use commuter card. Crap algorithm
- Adobe mercury10Sounds like Uber is trying to get you to pay full fare. 😜. I take public transit if I'm not in a hurry. I get a uberx/Lyft if time is a factor at all.