Got an offer from Uber last week as l5.
Initial equity: 16k (~$42 per share?)
Cash bonus: 21k
TC: ~315k if excludes initial equity
Current TC: ~380k (E5 with continuously exceed rating)
YOE: ml/ai PhD + 6 YOE
Excluding initial equity, the Uber offer comp is obviously lower than my current comp, with less base, less cash bonus and less refresher (e5 meet is 120k/year, exceed would be close to 150k/year).
1. Didn’t expect the base is even lower than my current base. Recruiter said it is impossible to increase due to equal pay policy (?). Is that true? Can I ask for more equity to compensate the base drop?
2. He also mentioned max signing is 35k and needs VP approval. However, I saw someone got >50k sign on so this is definitely false info. How much should I trust recruiters? Do they have the incentives to make more people accept the offer?
3. Is it possible to get 20k RSU? (Recruiter said no for any negotiating). I got offers from all companies (1st tier and preipo) I interviewed except Twitter. I don’t have the number yet, but I would expect at least google can have similar or even more stock. My friend recently got 800k from google.
4. I saw someone post 120k refresher for the Sam level. Is the refresher highly personalized even at the same level?
5. What is the general tactics of negotiating with recruiters? Actually I don’t want to waste time on negotiating. I will accept immediate if the offer is really good.
6. I like the team and the HM really like me to join. Should I contact HM for this?
IMO stay at FB, mainly because the food is better.