Urgent Tax advice (India to US)

Amazon / IT

Amazon IT

Apr 14, 2019 6 Comments

I relocated from India to Seattle last December (2018). My family is still in India. Deloitte will be filing tax on my behalf for this year. What they are telling I have to pay tax difference (IndiaTaxRate - USFederalTax) which in my case is around 17% here in India.
Anyone else are in similar situation? Is their any work around for this ?


Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 6 Comments
  • Microsoft Dr. Root
    So you're looking for a "work around" as in tax evasion? Yeah it's a federal crime here. Pay Uncle Sam like the rest of us. Welcome to the US mate !
    Apr 14, 2019 0
  • Thank Trump for lowering your tax. Under Obama it would be 30% + 9% state + India tax = Fuck why work at all
    Apr 14, 2019 1
    • Amazon 737max💥
      If he lives in California he didn't get any benefit
      Apr 15, 2019
  • Google praise
    Nope. Welcome to US and the land of greed.
    Apr 14, 2019 0
  • Broadcom Ltd. TmHR54
    You need to file first year tax return. IRS website has details with examples.
    Apr 15, 2019 0
  • Amazon 737max💥
    You should only get fucked with double taxation for December income and not the whole of 2018. There's a non resident tax return of some kind your can file to report to IRS only income from December.
    Apr 14, 2019 0


    Real time salary information from verified employees