THEME Amazon Compensation: Software Engineer
Amazon Compensation: Software Engineer If you’re a software engineer at Amazon or looking to make the switch to the e-commerce company, see what your peers are saying about the TC there. Evaluate and compare how an engineer’s compensation stacks up within Amazon and with competing companies too. All compensation numbers come straight from users who’ve received offers from the Seattle tech giant and those who earn their paychecks there!
- Amazon -> Google Reasonable to go from: Amazon L6 400 TC -> Google T5 400 TC? Seattle / Kirkland Ignoring initial cash; focused on long term, steady state Or is the band for T5 too low?
- Amazon to eBay will it be a good move? L5 de in Amazon 2 years 130k base + 130 RSU Offer: MTS1 155k base 45k joining $150k RSU Will it be a good move to leave amazon at this time?
- FB won’t match my current Amazon TC Currently making around $270-280K TC at AMZN as an L5 AS. Recently got an E4 offer from FB that comes to around $210k TC in the best case. Recruiter said they won’t be able to beat my current comp. Was genuinely surprised as I thought FB pays better than AMZN. Thoughts? Edit: What I mean by TC is b
- L4/5 sde offer at Amazon 140k base, 30k sign on, 10k reloc, 45 RSUs. Is this good?
- Facebook E5 salary for Amazon sde3 Recruiter informed me that I got through the interviews. Offer should be rolled out in couple of days. How much salary should I expect? Salary breakup? Current comp at 1500 stock price: 330k (base 155k + stocks 175k) Total 9 years industry experience
- Should I take Amazon sde2 offer Location bay area. Currently senior technical leader in cisco making close to 300k. Total experience is 14 years and 6 year s in USA. Got verbal offer from Amazon in bay area for sde2. Almost 20 percent less pay based on initial verbal offer and that too seems like a upper end of sde2. Should I even
- Amazon offer eval for Seattle. Seems low. I'm a Senior SDE at MS working on ML. Interviews at Amazon were extremely easy. Amazon offer: Base:147k Sign-on cash: 60k for 1st year, 45k for second year. Sign-on RSUs: 90k with 5%, 15%, 40%, 40% vesting. This sounds kind of small. Lower than I'll be getting in MS considering absence of annual b
- Box vs eBay vs Amazon I got an offer from Box - Senior Soft Engg. They havent yet disclosed the numbers. So my question is two-fold? 1. What compensation can I expect? I have 6 years of backend experience and MS. 2. Box stock growth y/y is very similar to eBay. Does Box have a good growth strategy? I like what I do at eB
- Will Google match Amazon and compensate for cost of living This is for T4 with about 5 years of experience. Close to 3 inside the states, 2 outside. I've got an offer from Amazon for TC 220k from with 160k/105k bonus and 96 RSU. My recruiter wanted me to share numbers. Will Google match Amazon's offer compared with cost of living increase in bay area? If t
- Amazon RSUs Have offer from Amazon, 120 shares at sde 2. Other numbers I don't think have much room to grow, is it worth asking for 150 or 180 rsus?
- Uber vs Amazon Someone I know is considering two offers. Uber vs Amazon? Any input is much appreciated as far as which company is better and/or which offer is better Uber(ATG) offer: Software Engineer(1) Base: 120,000 Target Cash:11,000 Target Equity Refresh: 26k Start On Equity: 125,000 valued at like $33 Amazo
- Amazon sde offer evaluation - Seattle Heya, Just got an offer from Amazon. I interviewed for sde2 position but got offered sde1 position despite good interview feedback. I have total of 3.5yrs of exp. Recuirter mentioned that I will be fast tracked for promo for sde2 1. should I accept the offer given Amazon's recent stock rise and gr
- MS->Amazon offer review Been at microsoft in Redmond for 5 years (level 62), and was offered sde 2 at amazon. Base pay- 160k Joining bonus- 55k first year, 45k second year Rsu- 85 Is this a good offer?
- Amazon SDE 2 to Microsoft I got promoted Q1 this year to SDE2 at Amazon and I am thinking joining Microsoft because I want to be chilled in life. My TC is around 195k due to stock appreciation, I have total 2 year experience at Amazon and before that I was in college. I want a 20% pay bump ideally. Can Microsoft make this
- Amazon SDE TC ranges for Seattle - Megathread. I have seen similar post for Google, thought I will share some insight into Amazon compensation for SDE in Seattle. Amazon offer structure Base, Stock(5% 1st year, 15% 2nd year, 40% 3rd year and 40% 4th year) and joining bonus for first 2years (to cover your delayed stockvest). These are target r
- Offer from Uber in SF - now at Amazon in Seattle I'm an L6 at Amazon in Seattle and expecting an offer from Uber in SF in the next few days. I'm currently at $150k and TC of $275k. Few questions... A) What can I expect from a work life balance perspective going to Uber from Amazon? Overall my work life balance is fine at Amazon...50hrs a week or
- Amazon SDE-II offer - where can it improve? Just received offer the day after my interview. SDE-II on AWS team in Seattle 142k base 60k/45k sign on for 1st/2nd years 90 RSUs with standard vesting, so 145k current value. So $209k TC first year. 3yrs exp. I expect other offers, but Amazon was first to get back. (One interview still not until
- Amazon SDE compensation I started working 2 years back, I had offers from Amazon and Microsoft for Seattle in 2016. I decided to go with Microsoft. Here is the comparison of offers I received and growth in Microsoft- Component/Amazon/Microsoft RSU/53k /60k (better vesting 25/25/25/25 in 3.5yrs) Joining bonus/49k/35k(split
- Amazon Lowball I just received an offer from Amazon. I interviewed for SDE2 but was offer SDE1. The offer is TC $150k and I have a competing NYC offer that is TC $225k at what would be equivalent to an SDE2 position. This seems extremely low for an engineer with 2 years experience. Any advice on how to negotiate?
- Amazon l6 sdm offer @ SEA Could you guys share some pointers for amazon l6 sdm salary. I was told 160k base and TC of 300k by the recruiter. She said there might be some flexibility with RSU and signin bonus. What would be a good offer? I have 15 yoe in the data space with 8 yrs exp managing teams of 20+ - data analytics, bi
- SDE 2 Offer Amazon Seattle I’m a lead engineer at my current company (5 years experience but climbed fast). I already got an improvement on my initial Amazon offer. Wondering if I should accept the improved offer or ask for more RSUs or sign on. Initial offer: $140k base 85 RSU $40k + $35k signing bonus Improved offer: $
- Evaluate amazon offer for SDE2 Hi all, got verbal offer from Amazon in California. I have 12 years of experience as software engineer but mainly in scientific computing not really web development. I would appreciate any feedback about this offer: Base ~ 150k signup bonus ~ 100k/2years RSUs 200/ 4 years backloaded in the last two
- Microsoft Excel team vs Amazon Alexa connected home team Help me decide between above team. Final compensation: Base/joining/stocks/bonus Amazon - SDE I: 127k/40k/65k Microsoft - SDE II: 127k/40k/75k/0-20%
- SDE-2 at Amazon moving to Google or Facebook I am SDE-2 working at Amazon for 1.5 years. TC is $160 in Seattle. TC in 2019 and 2020 is around $185. How much will I make if I move to Google or Facebook Seattle? Recruiters from both companies contacted me this month.
- How to negotiate amazon SDE II Offer Got an offer from amazon sde II (Seattle) , the numbers are 144k/35k+30k/85 shares, recruiter mentioned base salary is hard to negotiate. I also have LinkedIn offer coming next week, is there any room for negotiation? Lived in Bay Area, Have 3 years experience in industry.
- What is L5 comp at Amazon in IAD area? What is L5 comp at Amazon in IAD area? They offered $130 base, 1st year 35k and 2nd year 25k sign on bonus and 50 stock. Seems to me low offer but want hear from Amazon folks and living life style in IAD area. Thanks