THEMEBest Software Engineer Offers: Q1-Q2 2018
Best Software Engineer Offers: Q1-Q2 2018
- Trying to decide b/w these offers, any suggestions? Google - TAM L5 in GTech (E ladder): base - 185K equity - 150K bonus - 15% did not try to negotiate sign-on yet since not sure will take it, mainly because it would be less technical that I want and I did not yet qualify for O ladder (need to grind Leetcode more) VMWare -
- Google vs Oracle offer evaluation. How to negotiate? I got this T4 offer from Google: Base: $155k Sign-on cash: $50k Stock: $400k (Asked for $170k base and $450k stock) I got that offer after showing the following Senior-level offer from Oracle: Base: $170k (banks like that for loans) Stock: $375k I haven't negotiated the offers yet. What can I tell
- Facebook E5 comp Get an offer from Facebook for E5 eng. 200k base, 550k RSU, 50k sign on. Is this upper band or average? Currently with Google and 5 years experience.
- Does Microsoft match F/A/G offers? Will Microsoft attempt to match FB/Google/Amazon offers? I'd much rather work at MS (team, location) but I feel that their offer is lower than I can get elsewhere (190/75/300 for L65 SDE in Seattle). Would seeking F/A/G offers be a waste of time if I have no intention to work there?
- Airbnb vs Facebook offer I have Airbnb L6 offer at 240k base $1200k/4 years vs FB E6 $200k base $800k/4 years, I like both companies, which one will work better financially in 4 years?
- Facebook E6 or Google T5? This week got offers from Facebook and Google. Need to make a decision. Wanted opinion on certain aspects. Offer details, Total work experience 9years. Currently Senior SDE at Amazon (Total 430 k , thanks to stocks appreciation but targeted at 345-350) Facebook - 210k , 960k stocks spread across 4
- Airbnb equity vs Google - Offer My friend is currently negotiating with Airbnb and Google. Airbnb’s soft numbers are around 500k TC (225k in cash and the rest in equity). I believe the level for Airbnb would be somewhere around t5-t6 at Google (will ask friend to clarify with the recruiter). The Google offer would be for t5. G
- FB EM1 Offer Eval Background: I am a senior swe at a FAANG managing a team of engineers. Offer from FB: Level: EM1 (so one level higher then current) Base: 220k Stocks: 1M over 4 years Is this a fair deal? Can I ask for sign on our other additional compensation? If so, how much is reasonable?
- 5b Uber level and compensation comparison I have a job offer for a level 5b (Senior Software Engineer 2) at Uber that I would like some help evaluating. I am excited about the opportunity but I would like to improve the numbers. First, would you know how the E5b compares to the level E6 at Facebook ? (Or Staff L6 at Google). levels.fyi
- L5 SWE offers at FB, Lyft, Snap, Dropbox Sharing my offers from 4 tech companies, after some negotiation. Offers are final. FB: Base $185k, bonus 15%, equity $500k, sign on $100k Lyft: 205, 0%, 700, 55 Snap: 180, ?%, 750, 40 (in stock) Dropbox: 185, 15%, 400, 15 Equity is for 4 years. EDIT: I had strong referrals for FB, Dropbox and Lyf
- FB E5 comp I received FB offer 180k base 600k rsu and 100k signon. Where do I stand with respect to comp range for E5?
- vote Choose between Uber and google Got 2 offers, Uber senior 2: TC 400k per year assume $40 per share Rsu Google l4: TC 330k per year I knew level wise Uber senior 2 is much better than google l4 which is not negotiable But google is much closer for commute, better team gcp, better benefit, culture and prestige. Wondering am I t
- vote Google —> Snap I’ve only been at Google for 6 months and absolutely love it. BUT... Got contacted by a recruiter at Snap and wanted to explore it just for the heck of it. Didn’t think I’ll get an offer but here we are!! I’ve got around 8 years experience. TC at Google is ~300K (L4). I got downleveled when got hi
- Startup vs bigco: am I being shortchanged? Hi I'm 31, working for a series C startup valued at ~$200M that totally raised ~$50M. I've been here 3 years, and I've vested ~0.7% of common options that I fully exercised in common stocks (0.7% is after counting current dilutions etc., it was > 1% at the beginning). I still have an additional ~
- vote Evaluate offers I’m SWE at MS, level 64, about 300k yearly compensation. Got the following offers: Dropbox IC4 in SF 200 base/20% bonus/600 stock/45 sign on Facebook E5 in Seattle 180 base/15% bonus/600 stock/50 sign on Stock vests over 4 years.
- Should I join Uber? I have an offer of 7k RSU and 150k base from Uber. Currently earning 250k stocks and 145k base at my current company. Should I make a change? I see that people were made RSUs offers worth 10k+ for l4 level but my recruiter wouldnt change the offer at all inspite of my current package same as the one
- Google comp 200/30/120 per year, 40k signon L5 SWE, mountainview. 14 years. Was told interview feedback was solid. Do not have any other offers. Comments please..
- Google offer negotiation I have offer from Uber (Senior SWE ~TC 380K) and LinkedIn(Senior ~TC 310K) . Oracle (Senior ~TC 290K) Lyft T5 - ~370K Unfortunately did not clear Facebook. Currently SDE 2 at Amzn AWS Seattle at around 260K(top of the band). Might become around 270ish this April. Total work ex around 8.5 years. J
- vote Evaluate offers Google T4, 150k base, 500k stock, 25k sign on. Facebook E5, 180k base, 600k stock, 50k sign on. Offers are final. Stock is over 4 years. 15% yearly bonus. Both positions are in Seattle. Google’s team is pretty cool. Facebook has bootcamp.
- Netflix job question Hey Blind, I recently got an offer from Netflix. TC: $380k (all but 5% is cash) A bit about me, 4 YOE in a mix of software eng roles and data eng roles, with my most recent role being at Facebook - IC4 - TC: $190k (with good performance reviews) I’m kind of floored that Netflix more than double
- Netflix : Hiring and Firing Have read a few posts but not seen any concrete answers. I want to know how does Netflix handle terminating H1B employees and do they keep em on payroll for the well publicized 4 month period ? About me, got an offer as a senior sw engineer TC 380 plus 5% in options which is around 30% more than wh
- How long can I delay joining FB? I got an offer from FB at E5. I'm contemplating of accepting the offer, but I don't want to join FB any time soon since I'm in the middle of a project. How long can I postpone the start date? Can I push it to next year? Btw, TC = 190K base, 550K RSU, 50K sign on bonus
- Sharing my offers , evaluate (Fb, Google,Ms and Appl) , current SDE2 Sde 2 total 5.5yrs exp Offers , thoughts ? Google (team matched GCP) - T4 (Seattle) , 145k base, 480k worth stocks/4 , 40k signon and year end 15% Fb- E5(Seattle) , 180k base, 600k stocks/4, 40k signon Apple(Bay area)- ICT4 , 180k base, 240k/4, 40k signon Msft Azure(Redmond) -L63 , 160k bas
- Eval my offers Swe Netflix, tc ~370 Facebook, level 4, 160/100/350 LinkedIn, senior 175/50/350 ~6 years work experience Also looking for flexibility to switch teams, try management/Product a couple years down the line.
- Evaluate Google L3 offer Base 120K equity 220K signing bonus 25K. I am a Masters grad with 2 years experience at a small startup between bachelors and masters. Is this a good offer?
- SalesForce Infra or Oracle OCI Oracle offer: ~330k (190k base + 140k RSU/y) IC4 SalesForce : ~300k (210k base + 30k bonus + 60k RSU/y) LMTS Both offering around 35k signon. I know more folks at SalesForce, and there's a good chance I can get promoted in a year (given that I know what I have to do and the work seems quantifiable)