THEME Best Tech Salaries: Q1-Q2 2018
Best Tech Salaries: Q1-Q2 2018
- Trying to decide b/w these offers, any suggestions? Google - TAM L5 in GTech (E ladder): base - 185K equity - 150K bonus - 15% did not try to negotiate sign-on yet since not sure will take it, mainly because it would be less technical that I want and I did not yet qualify for O ladder (need to grind Leetcode more) VMWare -
- What after google+Facebook Spent my entire career in Google and Facebook. Made to E6. Wondering what’s next. Currently making ~700k TC working ~50 hours a week. Don’t want to sacrifice either comp or life. Where would you go?
- Google vs Oracle offer evaluation. How to negotiate? I got this T4 offer from Google: Base: $155k Sign-on cash: $50k Stock: $400k (Asked for $170k base and $450k stock) I got that offer after showing the following Senior-level offer from Oracle: Base: $170k (banks like that for loans) Stock: $375k I haven't negotiated the offers yet. What can I tell
- Facebook offer I just got a Facebook offer E4. Marketing manager. Is Facebook willing to negotiate with me? Current offer: $125k, $52500 equity. The rsu seems a bit lower than I researched. Thanks!
- Input on Facebook offer I have an Engineering Manager - M1 level offer from Facebook - 220K base, 40K annual bonus and 1 million stock award that vest over 4 years and 100K sign in. Is this a good offer or is there a room for negotiation?
- Facebook E5 comp Get an offer from Facebook for E5 eng. 200k base, 550k RSU, 50k sign on. Is this upper band or average? Currently with Google and 5 years experience.
- Highest L6 RSU offer at google I am wondering what is the highest Initial equity you have heard of for a Google L6 offer. Have you seen it cross 1.5m$ (I am not talking about TC, only RSU) I have some contacts in google (used to work there) that will be highly motivated to hire me back. My current TC as per blind etiquette, 220
- Offer from Amazon Looking at a Senior Manager (L7???) at Amazon. Offers a 580 total Comp with a 185/350 signing bonus the first year. Thoughts?
- Does Microsoft match F/A/G offers? Will Microsoft attempt to match FB/Google/Amazon offers? I'd much rather work at MS (team, location) but I feel that their offer is lower than I can get elsewhere (190/75/300 for L65 SDE in Seattle). Would seeking F/A/G offers be a waste of time if I have no intention to work there?
- Higher TC different company? - Sr Mgr/Director I’m making a good TC for an Amazon L7 SDM (550, mostly RSUs, top ratings every year, Seattle) but I have kids going to college in two years and am wondering if I should make a move to one of the better paying FAANG companies. Has anyone else left a decent paying, interesting leadership role to chase
- Airbnb vs Facebook offer I have Airbnb L6 offer at 240k base $1200k/4 years vs FB E6 $200k base $800k/4 years, I like both companies, which one will work better financially in 4 years?
- Facebook E6 or Google T5? This week got offers from Facebook and Google. Need to make a decision. Wanted opinion on certain aspects. Offer details, Total work experience 9years. Currently Senior SDE at Amazon (Total 430 k , thanks to stocks appreciation but targeted at 345-350) Facebook - 210k , 960k stocks spread across 4
- Airbnb equity vs Google - Offer My friend is currently negotiating with Airbnb and Google. Airbnb’s soft numbers are around 500k TC (225k in cash and the rest in equity). I believe the level for Airbnb would be somewhere around t5-t6 at Google (will ask friend to clarify with the recruiter). The Google offer would be for t5. G
- L6 total comp at Facebook, help me evaluate ~450k TCO before bonus, ~500k TCO with 20% bonus. Good offer?
- Evaluate uber L6 offer Got an offer for an L6 at Uber SFO as follows: Base - 230K Target Cash Bonus - 41K Equity Grant - 900K Refresher - 175K Is this a good offer to move to west coast? Already earning 200K at East Coast non-metro.
- FB EM1 Offer Eval Background: I am a senior swe at a FAANG managing a team of engineers. Offer from FB: Level: EM1 (so one level higher then current) Base: 220k Stocks: 1M over 4 years Is this a fair deal? Can I ask for sign on our other additional compensation? If so, how much is reasonable?
- Google L5 manager TC Got verbal confirmation from Google recruiter that I am approved for L5 manager. Recruiter wants to know my compensation expectations. How much should I ask? My current comp (EM @ LinkedIn) is: Base: 215K Bonus 15% RSU: approx $800K unvested (500K vesting in next 2 years) Not counting ESPP gains wh
- Offer eval FB PM6 Just curious if in middle of the range. I had already negotiated up and felt like it was straining the relationship so I’m at their best and final: 205K Salary, $780K equity, 40K sign on
- 5b Uber level and compensation comparison I have a job offer for a level 5b (Senior Software Engineer 2) at Uber that I would like some help evaluating. I am excited about the opportunity but I would like to improve the numbers. First, would you know how the E5b compares to the level E6 at Facebook ? (Or Staff L6 at Google). levels.fyi
- Stripe or FB? Same compensation. More than 10 years exp. Product mgmt role. Any thoughts? Thanks! Sorry didn’t know the rules..TC is $435
- L5 SWE offers at FB, Lyft, Snap, Dropbox Sharing my offers from 4 tech companies, after some negotiation. Offers are final. FB: Base $185k, bonus 15%, equity $500k, sign on $100k Lyft: 205, 0%, 700, 55 Snap: 180, ?%, 750, 40 (in stock) Dropbox: 185, 15%, 400, 15 Equity is for 4 years. EDIT: I had strong referrals for FB, Dropbox and Lyf
- FB E5 comp I received FB offer 180k base 600k rsu and 100k signon. Where do I stand with respect to comp range for E5?
- Apple Annual Bonus and Refresh How much is Apple annual refresh and bonus? I got an offer $195k/year $250k RSU over 4 years and $50K sign on bonus. That is significantly lower than my Amazon $185k base and $220k RSU annually. Would adding the Apple bonus and refresh be enough to match amazon?
- Amazon -> Google Reasonable to go from: Amazon L6 400 TC -> Google T5 400 TC? Seattle / Kirkland Ignoring initial cash; focused on long term, steady state Or is the band for T5 too low?
- Anyone Feeling salary stuck? I'm at $400k... Most I've ever made. But I feel like my only options after this are big tech companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon. Just stuck at another company where I'm a pair of hands. I miss working at a startup where I have a big impact. Even smaller tech companies can't compare with compe
- Startup vs bigco: am I being shortchanged? Hi I'm 31, working for a series C startup valued at ~$200M that totally raised ~$50M. I've been here 3 years, and I've vested ~0.7% of common options that I fully exercised in common stocks (0.7% is after counting current dilutions etc., it was > 1% at the beginning). I still have an additional ~