THEMEFacebook Salary: Software Engineer
Facebook Salary: Software EngineerCompare the salaries made by software engineers at Facebook and evaluate how the numbers rank alongside earnings at competing companies. Are you being offered what you’re worth or is it time to re-negotiate? All base salaries and earnings are shared by engineers working at the the social media company and those who’ve received offers there!
- vote Facebook vs. Dropbox Got offers from both for Seattle, where to go? Currently L5 at Google making about 330k total per year. Facebook offers E5: 185 base/15% yearly bonus/600 stock/50 sign on Dropbox offers L4: 205 base/20% yearly bonus/600 stock/50 sign on Stock is over 4 years. Dropbox stock is valued at $11.46 and
- Airbnb vs Facebook offer I have Airbnb L6 offer at 240k base $1200k/4 years vs FB E6 $200k base $800k/4 years, I like both companies, which one will work better financially in 4 years?
- Facebook E5 comp Get an offer from Facebook for E5 eng. 200k base, 550k RSU, 50k sign on. Is this upper band or average? Currently with Google and 5 years experience.
- What after google+Facebook Spent my entire career in Google and Facebook. Made to E6. Wondering what’s next. Currently making ~700k TC working ~50 hours a week. Don’t want to sacrifice either comp or life. Where would you go?
- Evaluate Facebook offer for E4 Recently cleared FB interview. Following is the package - 1. Base 140k 2. Stock 220k 3. Relocation expenses + 16k relocation bonus (relocating from India). Location Melno park. Will be relocating with wife. Can you suggest how is the offer?
- Facebook or Lyft - Offer Eval Hey folks, I have an offer from Facebook and from Lyft, and I’m mulling over which one to choose. Any input, particularly on comp, is appreciated! Basics: Current role: L4 SW Eng in Test. Promoted to last year. 6.5 years of experience, all large companies. All SET, nothing as SWE. Role at both F
- Facebook E4 comp E4 offer from Facebook. Bay Area. 3 yoe. L4 Google. Base: 160k Equity: 300k over 4 years Sign on: 40k Is this a good offer for E4? Should I negotiate?
- Analyzing this offer from Facebook Position: Rotational Software Engineer Base: 145k Sign on: 60k I have 5+ years of experience, this will be way more than my current compensation, but wanted to get some feedback about how this looks. Thanks in advance.
- Facebook E6 or Google T5? This week got offers from Facebook and Google. Need to make a decision. Wanted opinion on certain aspects. Offer details, Total work experience 9years. Currently Senior SDE at Amazon (Total 430 k , thanks to stocks appreciation but targeted at 345-350) Facebook - 210k , 960k stocks spread across 4
- Facebook offer evaluation Position offered : software engineer infrastructure Compensation offered: 140k base , 150k stock vesting in 4 years , 30k bonus per year , 25k joining bonus What do you guys think ??? Any help appreciated
- How is number of RSUs in Facebook offer calculated ? I have an offer from Facebook which has RSU component of $280k.. How is the number of stocks calculated? Is based on stock price on joining date, or any other date or the average of joining month or average of previous month ?
- Evaluate Facebook E4 offer Will be moving new to the bay area. Can someone evaluate my Facebook offer. YOE: 5yrs Base: 160k RSUs: 300k Sign-on: 50k Also, trying to understand how stock refreshers work - is there a standard % that they get refreshed at every year?
- Joining Facebook at Jun or July? Might effect RSU price. Is there any other factor to consider? E6 TC 440k
- Facebook bootcamp to switch domain? Got an offer for E5 of 350k total comp in Seattle. Have about 10 years of experience in C++ and mobile development. Dream about moving towards AI/ML. Thinking about joining some ML team (ideally Caffe2, ONNX, etc) at Facebook after the bootcamp, since I can pick any team, AFAIK. Have almost no prio
- Facebook Data Engineer offer eval Hello, I have 2 years exp as a software engineer at a small (and stale) startup. Fb offer: 115k base, 100k rsu (25 per yr), 20k sign on. Some colleagues at google (SWEs) tell me this is low. I wanted to get an opinion from DEs at Facebook. I expect to hear back in the coming few days from Tablea
- Facebook London E4 level compensation Does 77K £ base good enough for a E4 hire at Facebook London. Also, with 4 yrs of exp and Masters, is E4 good enough or there is room for E5?
- L5 SWE offers at FB, Lyft, Snap, Dropbox Sharing my offers from 4 tech companies, after some negotiation. Offers are final. FB: Base $185k, bonus 15%, equity $500k, sign on $100k Lyft: 205, 0%, 700, 55 Snap: 180, ?%, 750, 40 (in stock) Dropbox: 185, 15%, 400, 15 Equity is for 4 years. EDIT: I had strong referrals for FB, Dropbox and Lyf
- Sharing my offers , evaluate (Fb, Google,Ms and Appl) , current SDE2 Sde 2 total 5.5yrs exp Offers , thoughts ? Google (team matched GCP) - T4 (Seattle) , 145k base, 480k worth stocks/4 , 40k signon and year end 15% Fb- E5(Seattle) , 180k base, 600k stocks/4, 40k signon Apple(Bay area)- ICT4 , 180k base, 240k/4, 40k signon Msft Azure(Redmond) -L63 , 160k bas
- Netflix job question Hey Blind, I recently got an offer from Netflix. TC: $380k (all but 5% is cash) A bit about me, 4 YOE in a mix of software eng roles and data eng roles, with my most recent role being at Facebook - IC4 - TC: $190k (with good performance reviews) I’m kind of floored that Netflix more than double
- FB E5 comp I received FB offer 180k base 600k rsu and 100k signon. Where do I stand with respect to comp range for E5?
- vote Evaluate offers Google T4, 150k base, 500k stock, 25k sign on. Facebook E5, 180k base, 600k stock, 50k sign on. Offers are final. Stock is over 4 years. 15% yearly bonus. Both positions are in Seattle. Google’s team is pretty cool. Facebook has bootcamp.
- What are offer packages looking like for Uber now? Looks like you guys are planning to IPO in 2019? What are offers looking like for SWE or analytics? Worth jumping ship to grab stock? IC4, current comp is ~225k.
- FB & G offer eval 1.5 yr exp in 2nd tier tech company, BA in CS. Backend/infra related role. Facebook: E4 / Base 150k / Stock 270 4yr / 30 sign on Google: L3 / Base 135k / Stock 300 4yr / 50 sign on Haven’t negotiated yet. Is level at Google negotiable? I did not do a system design interview so I doubt they can ma
- link Sharing my recent FB&G comp + AMA about interviews I have had a lot of helps from the community throughout my job search. I wanted to give back by sharing my comp and do an AMA about interviews. I did not sign any NDA about comp so I assume it's ok to share. 1.6 yr exp in U.S., Canadian bachelor in CS. Yes, I posted recently and asked about negotia
- Help chose between Fb, Google, uber, twitter, lyft, oracle in Seattle I got following offers: tc/base/rsu-4yrs/signon FB E4: 275/150/300/50 Google T4: 290/140/400/50 Lyft T4: Uber T4: Twitter Senior: 305/170/500/10 Oracle bmc principal: Still waiting for numbers, but I dont think money would be much different for either of them. All are in Seattle. What would y
- FB won’t match my current Amazon TC Currently making around $270-280K TC at AMZN as an L5 AS. Recently got an E4 offer from FB that comes to around $210k TC in the best case. Recruiter said they won’t be able to beat my current comp. Was genuinely surprised as I thought FB pays better than AMZN. Thoughts? Edit: What I mean by TC is b