THEME Google Compensation: Software Engineer
Google Compensation: Software Engineer Would you like to know if you're compensated fairly at Google? Or find out how much you can earn if you join the search giant? Software engineers are sharing how much the company is offering and current employees are sharing their compensation packages--base salary, bonuses, and stocks included. Evaluate how these numbers stack up against earnings at other tech companies. Read, learn, and discuss what type of TC a Google software engineer should be earning, whether it’s a T4 or L5 role.
- Google Engineer - Total Compensation in US - Ultimate Post I see a lot of misleading info on Blind with extremely exaggerated compensation ranges. Let’s shed some light on the topic with real data points based on random Google engineer responses across the US. The number of respondents is about 2% of the company. Format is the following: Level 1% - 10% -
- link Sharing my recent FB&G comp + AMA about interviews I have had a lot of helps from the community throughout my job search. I wanted to give back by sharing my comp and do an AMA about interviews. I did not sign any NDA about comp so I assume it's ok to share. 1.6 yr exp in U.S., Canadian bachelor in CS. Yes, I posted recently and asked about negotia
- Airbnb vs Google compensation Does Airbnb pay well SWE compared to Google? I am l4 SWE w 230k TC.
- Comp Evaluation: Google L5, 310k TC Bay Area Base 175k, Bonus 35k, Equity 400k/4yr 6YOE, MS Software Engineering Is 310k decent or low for Bay Area? Also, what's typical Sign On like?
- 7 yrs ex T4 -Google comp Kirkland offer , help in evaluation. Got this offer for SWE ads team Google Kirkalnd , current SDE 2 in Amazon. Base - 141 k Stock 300 k over 4 years . 25% each year Bonus 15% Sign on 20k. Is this lowest end of T4 (lowballed?) Opinions ?
- Does Google do comp corrections if you are brought in at a lower TC? I feel my T4 SWE offer is low, especially the equity. I want to accept it because it will help me get into FANG and keeping long term career growth in mind, this would be good. I want to ask current and Ex Googlers here if at year end, Google fills the equity gap if you get hired at a low equity gr
- Google comp 200/30/120 per year, 40k signon L5 SWE, mountainview. 14 years. Was told interview feedback was solid. Do not have any other offers. Comments please..
- Google E3 Comp Evaluation Base 160k Stock 250k Sign on 40k Bonus 15%
- Google Seattle L3 comp eval Got an offer from Google seattle last week. How does it compare against current googlers? Base - 115k Stock - 180k Sign on - 40K I am currently L59/L60 and Microsoft with 1-2 yrs experience. Thanks :)
- Google Comp, 3 years exp Wanted to share the offer I just recieved. BS CS w/ 3 years experience. Assuming this is for L3 though no levels were discussed. Base: 130K RSU: 200K/4 years Sign on: 50K Target bonus: 15% (~20K) TC: 250K
- Google compensation difference Seattle and MTV also evaluate offer T4 By how much % does comp between bay and Seattle vary , also the base. Say at 160k base in MTV would be equivalent to what base in Seattle Got offer T4 Seattle Base - 140k Stock - 360 k - 4 years Sign on 10k Target bonus 15% Total tc first year 260y(with sign on ) Yoe 7 Current TC 210k (129k + 81k
- Evaluate Google, Netflix and uber offer Current tc 195k( base 130k rest stocks) in Seattle. SDE 2 yoe 6.(3 in Amazon and 3 in Deloitte) ALL OFFERS ARE Bay area and final post negotiation G - L4 , 141k/50ksignon/200k stocks-4yrs/15% ( initially offer had no signon and 180k stocks) N - SSE, 260k cash + 5% stock (No negotation) U -SrSE
- vote Facebook vs. Dropbox Got offers from both for Seattle, where to go? Currently L5 at Google making about 330k total per year. Facebook offers E5: 185 base/15% yearly bonus/600 stock/50 sign on Dropbox offers L4: 205 base/20% yearly bonus/600 stock/50 sign on Stock is over 4 years. Dropbox stock is valued at $11.46 and
- Eval my GOOGLE E4 offer With MSFT for 6 years, 8years total exp. LVL62 currently (yes, I know, I suck, but ... reorgs ... ). Google came back with: 140 base 15% bonus 350k rsu 20k sign on My MSFT base is higher now .... wtf ??? I suck at system design, so that round prob didn't go over so well, if it matters.
- Sharing my offers , evaluate (Fb, Google,Ms and Appl) , current SDE2 Sde 2 total 5.5yrs exp Offers , thoughts ? Google (team matched GCP) - T4 (Seattle) , 145k base, 480k worth stocks/4 , 40k signon and year end 15% Fb- E5(Seattle) , 180k base, 600k stocks/4, 40k signon Apple(Bay area)- ICT4 , 180k base, 240k/4, 40k signon Msft Azure(Redmond) -L63 , 160k bas
- Google vs Oracle offer evaluation. How to negotiate? I got this T4 offer from Google: Base: $155k Sign-on cash: $50k Stock: $400k (Asked for $170k base and $450k stock) I got that offer after showing the following Senior-level offer from Oracle: Base: $170k (banks like that for loans) Stock: $375k I haven't negotiated the offers yet. What can I tell
- Facebook or Lyft - Offer Eval Hey folks, I have an offer from Facebook and from Lyft, and I’m mulling over which one to choose. Any input, particularly on comp, is appreciated! Basics: Current role: L4 SW Eng in Test. Promoted to last year. 6.5 years of experience, all large companies. All SET, nothing as SWE. Role at both F
- vote Evaluate offers Google T4, 150k base, 500k stock, 25k sign on. Facebook E5, 180k base, 600k stock, 50k sign on. Offers are final. Stock is over 4 years. 15% yearly bonus. Both positions are in Seattle. Google’s team is pretty cool. Facebook has bootcamp.
- Decline Google offer after accepting it ? Accepted Google offer 3 weeks back T4 . Been with Amazon for 3 years(total 9yr ex) and thought of looking for change . I liked oppurtunity in Google cloud and also the perks + prestige. However did not have any competing offer to negotiate. My manager just recently told me about my rating (TT - to
- Offer evaluation Google L3 Google L3 swe offer: Base 140k Rsu 220k over 4 years Sign on 40k Expected year end bonus 15%. I have 2 years of work experience in the Bay at a well known company. Master's from an elite University. Have offers from Apple and Amazon
- FB & G offer eval 1.5 yr exp in 2nd tier tech company, BA in CS. Backend/infra related role. Facebook: E4 / Base 150k / Stock 270 4yr / 30 sign on Google: L3 / Base 135k / Stock 300 4yr / 50 sign on Haven’t negotiated yet. Is level at Google negotiable? I did not do a system design interview so I doubt they can ma
- Amazon -> Google Reasonable to go from: Amazon L6 400 TC -> Google T5 400 TC? Seattle / Kirkland Ignoring initial cash; focused on long term, steady state Or is the band for T5 too low?
- Google Offer Got an L3 Google offer with an MS and about 2.5 years experience. 125/160/30 I was pretty disappointed to be honest as I thought I’d get L4. I have no competing offers so I doubt I can negotiate much. Let’s say I work my ass off, how hard is it to get promoted to L4 in about a year? Any tips
- Evaluate Google T4 offer (Sea/Kirkland) Base 145k Stocks 300k / 4 yrs Target Bonus 15% Sign-on 50k Years of experience 8 Sde2 @amzn aws, current TC 230k How is the offer, meh?
- Help chose between Fb, Google, uber, twitter, lyft, oracle in Seattle I got following offers: tc/base/rsu-4yrs/signon FB E4: 275/150/300/50 Google T4: 290/140/400/50 Lyft T4: Uber T4: Twitter Senior: 305/170/500/10 Oracle bmc principal: Still waiting for numbers, but I dont think money would be much different for either of them. All are in Seattle. What would y
- vote Google —> Snap I’ve only been at Google for 6 months and absolutely love it. BUT... Got contacted by a recruiter at Snap and wanted to explore it just for the heck of it. Didn’t think I’ll get an offer but here we are!! I’ve got around 8 years experience. TC at Google is ~300K (L4). I got downleveled when got hi