THEMEHardware Engineer Salary
Hardware Engineer SalaryHardware engineers design the systems and hardware for a computer. They also work on semiconductors, phones, smartwatches, VR headsets, and more. Hardware engineers are involved in all aspects of the development cycle: research, design, development, and testing. The average base salary for this role can reach up to $117,000 but Silicon Valley tech companies are known to pay higher. See below to find out how much hardware engineers currently earn and what they've been offered at Apple, Google, Intel, and small companies. Learn what a fair salary looks like and discover what you can negotiate.
- Apple Hardware Negotiation Currently in talks with Apple about compensation for an ICT3 HW position (5 years of experience). Strangely the recruiter insisted that she couldn't go to the compensation team without getting a figure from me. I asked for a range and they said 110K to 170K with 90ish RSU's. Assuming I fall in the m
- link Google Hardware Salary Range About to get L4 offer next week. Compensation is being worked out. This is Digital Design role and I have about 9 years experience. Currently make about 165K TC I read a blind thread about Google salaries in general and it looks like the numbers are all SW related jobs. There is a distribution list
- Google L4 base range I am getting a T4 offer from Google HW. Recruiter tells me base range is 125k - 134k. I think recruiter is lying as this seems too low. Is 134k really max T4 base?
- Evaluating offer Apple to Austin I currently work in Apple in the Bay Area as a hardware engineer and I am evaluating an offer in Austin. The offer is 120k base / 60k RSU / 50 k sign on. The company is a smaller semiconductor company. My Apple comp is 140k / 120 k RSU / 45k sign on. I am considering moving because the quality of
- Google T4 offer I got a T4 offer for 145k base, 380k stock and 50k signon. I have MS+3.5 yoe (all at Apple). Is this a good T4 offer? Do I have more room? I am a HWE btw.
- Amazon Lab 126 (Bellvue) vs. Apple (Cupertino) for HW Eng Wanted to get people's thoughts on total comp and work environment between Lab 126 and Apple HW. I got an offer for $180k TC with Lab 126 L5 and waiting for numbers with Apple. What has higher rep for HW? What TC can I expect for Apple for L5 equivalent? I have ~3 years of experience with a maste