THEME Microsoft Compensation
Microsoft Compensation What does a Microsoft compensation look like in 2018? And will the tech giant match competing offers from other companies? Current employees share their yearly earnings, and weigh in on initial offers received by engineers and product managers interviewing at the company. Find out what base salaries, stocks, and bonuses to expect, straight from our users.
- Anyone Feeling salary stuck? I'm at $400k... Most I've ever made. But I feel like my only options after this are big tech companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon. Just stuck at another company where I'm a pair of hands. I miss working at a startup where I have a big impact. Even smaller tech companies can't compare with compe
- Sharing my offers , evaluate (Fb, Google,Ms and Appl) , current SDE2 Sde 2 total 5.5yrs exp Offers , thoughts ? Google (team matched GCP) - T4 (Seattle) , 145k base, 480k worth stocks/4 , 40k signon and year end 15% Fb- E5(Seattle) , 180k base, 600k stocks/4, 40k signon Apple(Bay area)- ICT4 , 180k base, 240k/4, 40k signon Msft Azure(Redmond) -L63 , 160k bas
- Msft vs Google offer help Google’s location is bay area and msft is seattle. I have close to 6 years of experience, I work near LA. I need to relocate for either of them. Considering housing market, work and wife’s preferences, I am planning to pursue microsoft. Microsoft told its Sr. SDE(mostly 63) in azure core team. Can
- Google offer eval 230 TC (130 base, 15% target bonus, 320 RSU over 4 yrs), +40 signing It's for T4 PM at Google Seattle, coming from L62 at MS, 6 yrs exp, 185 TC (145 base) No competing offers but I could get a counteroffer. How is the offer?
- vote Uber vs Microsoft new grad offer MS offer Team- SharePoint Compensation - 108k+120k(rsu) + 50k(sign on) Location - Redmond Uber offer Compensation - 116k + 114k(rsu) Location - SF Please tell me which would be better at this point of time, taking into consideration both work and money. Uber team assignment is not done yet. Exp
- Msft -> Lyft Current: msft cloud AI, L62, $135k base, $40k unvested stocks Offer: lyft, $175k base, 11000 RSU-4yrs, $25k signing 6 yrs exp, Seattle location. Thoughts?
- vote Netflix or Microsoft (Ignoring Comp) As etiquette demands...$100k/5 YOE I'm stuck between these two. MS is offering $225k in Redmond and Netflix is closer to $275k. Ignoring the compensation (because they're close enough in my opinion), what do you think about the other stuff surrounding the job? Is it preferable to live near Los Ga
- OfferUp vs Uber offers Hey, I got an offer from OfferUp (150k base and 300k worth of stock options) but the offer deadline ends before I can complete my process with Uber. I have 4 years of experience, will Uber match this offer? Also have an offer from Microsoft: Level 62: 142K base(plus bonus upto 20%), 40K sign-on(ove
- vote Evaluate offers I’m SWE at MS, level 64, about 300k yearly compensation. Got the following offers: Dropbox IC4 in SF 200 base/20% bonus/600 stock/45 sign on Facebook E5 in Seattle 180 base/15% bonus/600 stock/50 sign on Stock vests over 4 years.
- Offer review - Oracle BMC Senior MTS 5 year of experience at MS. Total compensation of $270k a year with 165k base and 370k worth rsu. Current compensation is at around 195k with 140k base. Seriously considering taking it since it's a lot higher than competing offer with amazon (223k Total comp in 1st year with 160k base). Should I
- Money or EB1? I’m a PM at MSFT making 170K a year. Got offered a PM role in Google with TC close to 300K. Also got some calls from MSFT teams in Canada which could lead me to a EB1 in 3-4 years. Ps: am an Indian stuck in green card backlog for last 11 years. What’s your call dear Blinders?
- Microsoft SDE 2 Offer I got the following offer for Microsoft SDE 2: Base: $146k Bonus: $24k Stock: $50k over 4 years. I am currently SDE 2 at Amazon (promoted this Q1) and my target comp is $177k. The Microsoft offer is from Power BI group, Bellevue and I already negotiated once. I don't know if it is L61 or L62 and re
- link Evaluate this Microsoft offer Update: recruiter said they are willing to do L62, but at the low range. Thoughts? I know the role was posted as an L62, eng PM 2. Here’s the offer: L61 Base: $124,500 Sign on: $8,000 Stock: $20,000 over four years. I told the recruiter I should be an L62. Here’s a previous thread with my Amazon
- Offer comparison 1.5 years experience at Amazon. Indeed (Austin): Senior software engineer 115k base 13% (15k) avg yearly performance bonus 10k anniversary bonus after 1st and 2nd year 10k sign on 25k/3yr stock Microsoft (Bellevue): SDE II (L61) 132k base 60k/4yr RSU 10% (13k) average performance bonus 20k sign on
- Amazon SDE compensation I started working 2 years back, I had offers from Amazon and Microsoft for Seattle in 2016. I decided to go with Microsoft. Here is the comparison of offers I received and growth in Microsoft- Component/Amazon/Microsoft RSU/53k /60k (better vesting 25/25/25/25 in 3.5yrs) Joining bonus/49k/35k(split
- Manager lying about future opportunities? My manager in our 1:1 stated that being a PM at Microsoft makes your career effectively Microsoft only. Any PMs here leave MS and go somewhere else? How are you feeling about that move? Are the comparable positions outside of Amazon? Thank you for reading! Edit on compensation: I'm at 190k TC heari
- MS, Uber or startup? I am an ex PhD intern at Uber. Being offered SDE2 at Uber and SDE2 at MS and MTS at a unicorn startup (post series D). TC is ~215k at MS + 75k bonus, ~240k at Uber @48) and ~280k at Unicorn. Which company shall I join? Edit: Being married, I do not feel comfortable joining startup.
- Does Microsoft match F/A/G offers? Will Microsoft attempt to match FB/Google/Amazon offers? I'd much rather work at MS (team, location) but I feel that their offer is lower than I can get elsewhere (190/75/300 for L65 SDE in Seattle). Would seeking F/A/G offers be a waste of time if I have no intention to work there?
- Microsoft Excel team vs Amazon Alexa connected home team Help me decide between above team. Final compensation: Base/joining/stocks/bonus Amazon - SDE I: 127k/40k/65k Microsoft - SDE II: 127k/40k/75k/0-20%
- Help evaluating Microsoft offer (L62 PM) Coming from 5 years experience at Amazon Offer for L62 PM (engineering) Base: $140K Sign Bonus: $15K for 2 years ($30 total) Sign Stock: $30K for 4 years ($125 total) TC: $200K (est. with performance bonus) Redmond
- Microsoft SDE2 in Redmond - Azure Compute Was wondering if you all could give me some feedback on this initial offer. Some background: 10 years work experience, 1.5 years in Software Engineering (prior in Systems Engineering). Have technical BS and MS, working on MS in Comp Sci now. Base: $127k Sign on Cash: $20k Sign on RSU: $20k Stock
- Amazon NYC How are the engineering teams and work life balance at Amazon NYC? I hear most of the work is on the ads platform. Also, where is the office located? Obligatory (current) TC: 155k
- Microsoft level 60 to Amazon sde 2 Is it possible to move from 60 to amazon sde 2? Been at 59 for 10 months and 60 for 4 months now TC 118k, 60k, 15k joining
- Google Software Solutions Engineer vs Microsoft Software Development Engineer I have 4 years of experience as Software Engineer. I recently interviewed with Google and Microsoft for SWE roles. Google didn't offer me SWE role but offered me Software Solutions Engineer role (level L-3) for Google Cloud Professional Services. Whereas Microsoft is offering me Software Dev