THEMEMicrosoft Compensation: Software Engineer
Microsoft Compensation: Software EngineerWould you like to know if you're compensated fairly at Microsoft? Or find out how much you can earn if you join the Redmond-based company? Software engineers are sharing how much the company is offering and current employees are sharing their compensation packages--base salary, bonuses, and stocks included. Evaluate how these numbers stack up against earnings at other tech companies. Read, learn, and discuss what type of TC a Microsoft software engineer should be earning, whether it’s a L60 or L62 role.
- Microsoft SDE2 in Redmond - Azure Compute Was wondering if you all could give me some feedback on this initial offer. Some background: 10 years work experience, 1.5 years in Software Engineering (prior in Systems Engineering). Have technical BS and MS, working on MS in Comp Sci now. Base: $127k Sign on Cash: $20k Sign on RSU: $20k Stock
- Does Microsoft match F/A/G offers? Will Microsoft attempt to match FB/Google/Amazon offers? I'd much rather work at MS (team, location) but I feel that their offer is lower than I can get elsewhere (190/75/300 for L65 SDE in Seattle). Would seeking F/A/G offers be a waste of time if I have no intention to work there?
- Microsoft SDE 2 Offer I got the following offer for Microsoft SDE 2: Base: $146k Bonus: $24k Stock: $50k over 4 years. I am currently SDE 2 at Amazon (promoted this Q1) and my target comp is $177k. The Microsoft offer is from Power BI group, Bellevue and I already negotiated once. I don't know if it is L61 or L62 and re
- Microsoft Excel team vs Amazon Alexa connected home team Help me decide between above team. Final compensation: Base/joining/stocks/bonus Amazon - SDE I: 127k/40k/65k Microsoft - SDE II: 127k/40k/75k/0-20%
- Microsoft level 60 to Amazon sde 2 Is it possible to move from 60 to amazon sde 2? Been at 59 for 10 months and 60 for 4 months now TC 118k, 60k, 15k joining
- Offer comparison 1.5 years experience at Amazon. Indeed (Austin): Senior software engineer 115k base 13% (15k) avg yearly performance bonus 10k anniversary bonus after 1st and 2nd year 10k sign on 25k/3yr stock Microsoft (Bellevue): SDE II (L61) 132k base 60k/4yr RSU 10% (13k) average performance bonus 20k sign on
- Msft vs Google offer help Google’s location is bay area and msft is seattle. I have close to 6 years of experience, I work near LA. I need to relocate for either of them. Considering housing market, work and wife’s preferences, I am planning to pursue microsoft. Microsoft told its Sr. SDE(mostly 63) in azure core team. Can
- vote Evaluate offers I’m SWE at MS, level 64, about 300k yearly compensation. Got the following offers: Dropbox IC4 in SF 200 base/20% bonus/600 stock/45 sign on Facebook E5 in Seattle 180 base/15% bonus/600 stock/50 sign on Stock vests over 4 years.
- Offer review - Oracle BMC Senior MTS 5 year of experience at MS. Total compensation of $270k a year with 165k base and 370k worth rsu. Current compensation is at around 195k with 140k base. Seriously considering taking it since it's a lot higher than competing offer with amazon (223k Total comp in 1st year with 160k base). Should I
- Msft -> Lyft Current: msft cloud AI, L62, $135k base, $40k unvested stocks Offer: lyft, $175k base, 11000 RSU-4yrs, $25k signing 6 yrs exp, Seattle location. Thoughts?
- Amazon SDE compensation I started working 2 years back, I had offers from Amazon and Microsoft for Seattle in 2016. I decided to go with Microsoft. Here is the comparison of offers I received and growth in Microsoft- Component/Amazon/Microsoft RSU/53k /60k (better vesting 25/25/25/25 in 3.5yrs) Joining bonus/49k/35k(split
- MS, Uber or startup? I am an ex PhD intern at Uber. Being offered SDE2 at Uber and SDE2 at MS and MTS at a unicorn startup (post series D). TC is ~215k at MS + 75k bonus, ~240k at Uber @48) and ~280k at Unicorn. Which company shall I join? Edit: Being married, I do not feel comfortable joining startup.
- Sharing my offers , evaluate (Fb, Google,Ms and Appl) , current SDE2 Sde 2 total 5.5yrs exp Offers , thoughts ? Google (team matched GCP) - T4 (Seattle) , 145k base, 480k worth stocks/4 , 40k signon and year end 15% Fb- E5(Seattle) , 180k base, 600k stocks/4, 40k signon Apple(Bay area)- ICT4 , 180k base, 240k/4, 40k signon Msft Azure(Redmond) -L63 , 160k bas
- OfferUp vs Uber offers Hey, I got an offer from OfferUp (150k base and 300k worth of stock options) but the offer deadline ends before I can complete my process with Uber. I have 4 years of experience, will Uber match this offer? Also have an offer from Microsoft: Level 62: 142K base(plus bonus upto 20%), 40K sign-on(ove
- Amazon NYC How are the engineering teams and work life balance at Amazon NYC? I hear most of the work is on the ads platform. Also, where is the office located? Obligatory (current) TC: 155k