THEMESoftware Engineer Compensation (0-3 Years of Experience)
Software Engineer Compensation (0-3 Years of Experience)
- link Sharing my recent FB&G comp + AMA about interviews I have had a lot of helps from the community throughout my job search. I wanted to give back by sharing my comp and do an AMA about interviews. I did not sign any NDA about comp so I assume it's ok to share. 1.6 yr exp in U.S., Canadian bachelor in CS. Yes, I posted recently and asked about negotia
- Facebook E4 comp E4 offer from Facebook. Bay Area. 3 yoe. L4 Google. Base: 160k Equity: 300k over 4 years Sign on: 40k Is this a good offer for E4? Should I negotiate?
- RSU Compensation Comparison General software engineer hire in Bay Area, with 1 year experience. Currently have three offers, one late stage e-commerce startup, Cruise Automation and Salesforce. All of them came up with comp around 120k base 10k sign on and 100k RSU over 4 years. I see a lot of offers getting more than 100k RS
- Offer comparison 1.5 years experience at Amazon. Indeed (Austin): Senior software engineer 115k base 13% (15k) avg yearly performance bonus 10k anniversary bonus after 1st and 2nd year 10k sign on 25k/3yr stock Microsoft (Bellevue): SDE II (L61) 132k base 60k/4yr RSU 10% (13k) average performance bonus 20k sign on
- Amazon SDE compensation I started working 2 years back, I had offers from Amazon and Microsoft for Seattle in 2016. I decided to go with Microsoft. Here is the comparison of offers I received and growth in Microsoft- Component/Amazon/Microsoft RSU/53k /60k (better vesting 25/25/25/25 in 3.5yrs) Joining bonus/49k/35k(split
- Google Comp, 3 years exp Wanted to share the offer I just recieved. BS CS w/ 3 years experience. Assuming this is for L3 though no levels were discussed. Base: 130K RSU: 200K/4 years Sign on: 50K Target bonus: 15% (~20K) TC: 250K
- Seattle Amazon L4 SDE to Google Compensation Graduated from college last May, been at Amazon for almost a year and interviewing at Google soon. What compensation should I aim for if I get the offer? Currently at 105k base + 18.5k signing + 72 shares (~114k currently) vesting over 4 years (5/15/40/40% schedule)
- Offer evaluation Google L3 Google L3 swe offer: Base 140k Rsu 220k over 4 years Sign on 40k Expected year end bonus 15%. I have 2 years of work experience in the Bay at a well known company. Master's from an elite University. Have offers from Apple and Amazon
- FB & G offer eval 1.5 yr exp in 2nd tier tech company, BA in CS. Backend/infra related role. Facebook: E4 / Base 150k / Stock 270 4yr / 30 sign on Google: L3 / Base 135k / Stock 300 4yr / 50 sign on Haven’t negotiated yet. Is level at Google negotiable? I did not do a system design interview so I doubt they can ma
- Google Offer Got an L3 Google offer with an MS and about 2.5 years experience. 125/160/30 I was pretty disappointed to be honest as I thought I’d get L4. I have no competing offers so I doubt I can negotiate much. Let’s say I work my ass off, how hard is it to get promoted to L4 in about a year? Any tips
- Google L3 Offer Evaluate Software engineer L3 125k/140k/25k (TC: 179k) MS + 2 years of experience
- Google t4 offer Interviewed google and fb Got a t4 offer from google , no offer from FB 160base 200gsu/4year. More details: 40k signon and 15%bonus Total about 240k. Office in Sunnyvale Is it low? No competing offer. PhD+1year exp
- Uber Senior SWE salary? Had a friend join recently, told me he made 160k + 15% bonus for Senior SWE, does that sound accurate? ~3 years relevant exp., Last worked at two failed startups, so almost want to call BS.
- Evaluate Google offer with retention bonus Level 3 @ Bay Area Around 2-3 years of experience. Masters degree. Base:140 Sign on:25k GSU: 100k over 4 years Retention: 165k over 4 years (retention is not in stocks)
- Google tc growth/refreshers How is google tc growth? In short I got lowballed 240 TC (T4, 2 years exp). Does google do refreshers still if the overall tc is low in the band? heard they aren’t doing refreshers lately
- Evaluate Google L3 offer Base 120K equity 220K signing bonus 25K. I am a Masters grad with 2 years experience at a small startup between bachelors and masters. Is this a good offer?
- vote Should I switch to higher paying jobs? I enjoy my work a lot but pay is peanuts(2yrs exp, 98k=(base+geo),5k RSUs, 5k APB I get interesting and challenging projects currently. My manager and team are not bad and I'm expecting a promo too. I keep receiving emails from recruiters from companies including Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, etc. I graduated from one of the top 5 universities in the US if that matters. I
- Uber SWE2 (Using my friend's account for anonymity) Base 140k Equity 6000 RSU over 4 years (~$300k using preferred valuation, 200k 409a valuation) Bonus 14k No signing bonus YoE: 1.5 yr at current company. Prior to that, 2 years SWE but in different industry. Edit: TC is lower than what I'm currently makin
- 110k Salary and 110k/4 RSU for Google SWE Got an offer from Google for SWE position in SF. I'm not a CS Major, came from Biology Major and worked 3.5 years in Pharma Industry. What are your thoughts on this? Is it good for entry position and my 'experience' level? I currently make 90k as a Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS) Integr
- Amazon sde offer evaluation - Seattle Heya, Just got an offer from Amazon. I interviewed for sde2 position but got offered sde1 position despite good interview feedback. I have total of 3.5yrs of exp. Recuirter mentioned that I will be fast tracked for promo for sde2 1. should I accept the offer given Amazon's recent stock rise and gr
- Offer Evaluation Hey guys, I'm mulling over an offer for Uber in SF and would like a second opinion on it. Position: Software Engineer II (3 years experience) Offer: 145k base + 9000 RSUs Coming from the Midwest, not sure how that base pay correlates to standard of living in the Bay Area. It'll be just me, my wif
- Google L3 salary Base : 118k Bonus : 25k Stocks : 200k Target bonus 15% Level : L3 Location : Seattle 1.5 yrs work ex Sounds reasonable ?
- Amazon Lab126 offer? I had an interview with Amazon lab126 for FireOS and I was told that I would soon have an offer. I'm 3yrs exp here at AMD. What does a typical offer should I expect? I'm a Sr software development here making 125 base? Does Amazon offer good RSU refresh for 2nd yr onward? Edit: I'm in Bay Area Than
- Best time to join fb/google? I have almost 8 months of experience but my TC is only ~185k (plus signing bonus plus annual bonus). What’s the best time for me to join fb/google to optimize my comp and career trajectories? Should I try joining as L3/E3 as soon as I reach my first anniversary and don’t have to pay back the signin
- Amazon SDE 2 to Microsoft I got promoted Q1 this year to SDE2 at Amazon and I am thinking joining Microsoft because I want to be chilled in life. My TC is around 195k due to stock appreciation, I have total 2 year experience at Amazon and before that I was in college. I want a 20% pay bump ideally. Can Microsoft make this
- How much can google/fb give me? Got promoted recently to sde2 at an amazon subsidiary. Around 200k tc and a little bit over 1 year experience as this is my first job. I know google/fb will probably down level me, but can they exceed my total comp and by how much?