THEME Software Engineer Salary
Software Engineer Salary A software engineer (SWE) can be involved in the design, development, maintenance, and testing of computer software. In the Silicon Valley, an entry-level engineer can earn a base salary beyond $100,000, plus receive stocks and bonuses. Software engineers on Blind are currently sharing how much they make and what they’ve been offered at Facebook, Google, and other tech companies. See what the software engineer salary looks like and what our users have successfully negotiated based on levels, company, and location.
- Evaluate Google, Netflix and uber offer Current tc 195k( base 130k rest stocks) in Seattle. SDE 2 yoe 6.(3 in Amazon and 3 in Deloitte) ALL OFFERS ARE Bay area and final post negotiation G - L4 , 141k/50ksignon/200k stocks-4yrs/15% ( initially offer had no signon and 180k stocks) N - SSE, 260k cash + 5% stock (No negotation) U -SrSE
- vote Choose between Uber and google Got 2 offers, Uber senior 2: TC 400k per year assume $40 per share Rsu Google l4: TC 330k per year I knew level wise Uber senior 2 is much better than google l4 which is not negotiable But google is much closer for commute, better team gcp, better benefit, culture and prestige. Wondering am I t
- L5 SWE offers at FB, Lyft, Snap, Dropbox Sharing my offers from 4 tech companies, after some negotiation. Offers are final. FB: Base $185k, bonus 15%, equity $500k, sign on $100k Lyft: 205, 0%, 700, 55 Snap: 180, ?%, 750, 40 (in stock) Dropbox: 185, 15%, 400, 15 Equity is for 4 years. EDIT: I had strong referrals for FB, Dropbox and Lyf
- Google Engineer - Total Compensation in US - Ultimate Post I see a lot of misleading info on Blind with extremely exaggerated compensation ranges. Let’s shed some light on the topic with real data points based on random Google engineer responses across the US. The number of respondents is about 2% of the company. Format is the following: Level 1% - 10% -
- Google offer negotiation I have offer from Uber (Senior SWE ~TC 380K) and LinkedIn(Senior ~TC 310K) . Oracle (Senior ~TC 290K) Lyft T5 - ~370K Unfortunately did not clear Facebook. Currently SDE 2 at Amzn AWS Seattle at around 260K(top of the band). Might become around 270ish this April. Total work ex around 8.5 years. J
- vote Facebook vs. Dropbox Got offers from both for Seattle, where to go? Currently L5 at Google making about 330k total per year. Facebook offers E5: 185 base/15% yearly bonus/600 stock/50 sign on Dropbox offers L4: 205 base/20% yearly bonus/600 stock/50 sign on Stock is over 4 years. Dropbox stock is valued at $11.46 and
- Airbnb vs Facebook offer I have Airbnb L6 offer at 240k base $1200k/4 years vs FB E6 $200k base $800k/4 years, I like both companies, which one will work better financially in 4 years?
- Eval my GOOGLE E4 offer With MSFT for 6 years, 8years total exp. LVL62 currently (yes, I know, I suck, but ... reorgs ... ). Google came back with: 140 base 15% bonus 350k rsu 20k sign on My MSFT base is higher now .... wtf ??? I suck at system design, so that round prob didn't go over so well, if it matters.
- Facebook E5 comp Get an offer from Facebook for E5 eng. 200k base, 550k RSU, 50k sign on. Is this upper band or average? Currently with Google and 5 years experience.
- What after google+Facebook Spent my entire career in Google and Facebook. Made to E6. Wondering what’s next. Currently making ~700k TC working ~50 hours a week. Don’t want to sacrifice either comp or life. Where would you go?
- Sharing my offers , evaluate (Fb, Google,Ms and Appl) , current SDE2 Sde 2 total 5.5yrs exp Offers , thoughts ? Google (team matched GCP) - T4 (Seattle) , 145k base, 480k worth stocks/4 , 40k signon and year end 15% Fb- E5(Seattle) , 180k base, 600k stocks/4, 40k signon Apple(Bay area)- ICT4 , 180k base, 240k/4, 40k signon Msft Azure(Redmond) -L63 , 160k bas
- Evaluate Apple offer Please help evaluate the following offer from apple for SWE - base 180k - RSUs 160k / 4 years - sign on 40k Years of experience - 6 Is this ICT3 or ICT4?
- Is 400k a good goal? I joined amazon a month ago and my TC including stock is 200k. Since im here for at least next four years for the stocks to be vested, im wondering what is a realistic goal to make in terms of TC. Is reaching a TC of 400k possible by the end of next 4 years?. Im not talking about jumping to other co
- Evaluate Facebook offer for E4 Recently cleared FB interview. Following is the package - 1. Base 140k 2. Stock 220k 3. Relocation expenses + 16k relocation bonus (relocating from India). Location Melno park. Will be relocating with wife. Can you suggest how is the offer?
- Facebook E5 offer Got an acceptance from Fb for E5 SDE role. What do I expect comp wise? Dont have competing offers. My current comp is in 180K range. Location: Seattle. Also, will Salary differ if I move to Bay area vs Seattle for FB? I heard FB salaries are not location specific atleast in US.
- Google vs Oracle offer evaluation. How to negotiate? I got this T4 offer from Google: Base: $155k Sign-on cash: $50k Stock: $400k (Asked for $170k base and $450k stock) I got that offer after showing the following Senior-level offer from Oracle: Base: $170k (banks like that for loans) Stock: $375k I haven't negotiated the offers yet. What can I tell
- Apple Offer Evaluation Base = $145K RSUs = $105K Sign On = $10K I have 7 years of experience 3 of which is outside US. Recruiter budged from 140k base to 145k but not moving on any other numbers. Also no competing offers. Its a Software Engineer position with AppleCare org. I believe it’s on the low end. And does anyone
- SalesForce Infra or Oracle OCI Oracle offer: ~330k (190k base + 140k RSU/y) IC4 SalesForce : ~300k (210k base + 30k bonus + 60k RSU/y) LMTS Both offering around 35k signon. I know more folks at SalesForce, and there's a good chance I can get promoted in a year (given that I know what I have to do and the work seems quantifiable)
- Facebook or Lyft - Offer Eval Hey folks, I have an offer from Facebook and from Lyft, and I’m mulling over which one to choose. Any input, particularly on comp, is appreciated! Basics: Current role: L4 SW Eng in Test. Promoted to last year. 6.5 years of experience, all large companies. All SET, nothing as SWE. Role at both F
- Should I work for Uber or Pinterest? I have an offer from Uber for Software Engineer II, 147k base + 13k target cash bonus + 52k target refresher RSU + 240k RSU over the usual 4 year vesting schedule schedule. Do those numbers seem ok? I’m expecting an offer from Pinterest as well in the coming days. Better or worse place to work tha
- Netflix job question Hey Blind, I recently got an offer from Netflix. TC: $380k (all but 5% is cash) A bit about me, 4 YOE in a mix of software eng roles and data eng roles, with my most recent role being at Facebook - IC4 - TC: $190k (with good performance reviews) I’m kind of floored that Netflix more than double
- FB E5 comp I received FB offer 180k base 600k rsu and 100k signon. Where do I stand with respect to comp range for E5?
- vote Evaluate offers Google T4, 150k base, 500k stock, 25k sign on. Facebook E5, 180k base, 600k stock, 50k sign on. Offers are final. Stock is over 4 years. 15% yearly bonus. Both positions are in Seattle. Google’s team is pretty cool. Facebook has bootcamp.
- Decline Google offer after accepting it ? Accepted Google offer 3 weeks back T4 . Been with Amazon for 3 years(total 9yr ex) and thought of looking for change . I liked oppurtunity in Google cloud and also the perks + prestige. However did not have any competing offer to negotiate. My manager just recently told me about my rating (TT - to
- Offer evaluation Google L3 Google L3 swe offer: Base 140k Rsu 220k over 4 years Sign on 40k Expected year end bonus 15%. I have 2 years of work experience in the Bay at a well known company. Master's from an elite University. Have offers from Apple and Amazon
- Should I join Uber? I have an offer of 7k RSU and 150k base from Uber. Currently earning 250k stocks and 145k base at my current company. Should I make a change? I see that people were made RSUs offers worth 10k+ for l4 level but my recruiter wouldnt change the offer at all inspite of my current package same as the one