THEMETech Compensation in Greater Seattle
Tech Compensation in Greater SeattleSeattle, along with neighboring cities like Redmond and Bellevue, rivals the Silicon Valley when it comes to presence and innovation in tech. This Pacific Northwest region is home to Amazon and Microsoft, along with smaller companies like Rover and Blue Origin. Our community of tech professionals who work in the area are always sharing their compensation numbers on Blind. Read on to find out what you’re worth as a tech worker in Seattle.
- Google compensation difference Seattle and MTV also evaluate offer T4 By how much % does comp between bay and Seattle vary , also the base. Say at 160k base in MTV would be equivalent to what base in Seattle Got offer T4 Seattle Base - 140k Stock - 360 k - 4 years Sign on 10k Target bonus 15% Total tc first year 260y(with sign on ) Yoe 7 Current TC 210k (129k + 81k
- Amazon Applied scientist 2 compensation. Got offered the following offer for a L5 position at Seattle Base 150k Rsu: 240 units vests over 4 years (5/15/40/40) Signon 80k + 65k Is this offer reasonable? Not many datapoints for applied scientist roles on blind. My experience is a phd with a 1 year university post-doc. Thanks
- Compensation versus level Current TC at Amazon is 240K at L5 (Seattle). Going to get promoted to senior dev this year but looks like the trending offers from Facebook (may be Google) are 50-100K more Options 1) Wait it out and become senior at Amazon. May be the cash difference will settle down as we go up levels. Con —
- Amazon -> Google Reasonable to go from: Amazon L6 400 TC -> Google T5 400 TC? Seattle / Kirkland Ignoring initial cash; focused on long term, steady state Or is the band for T5 too low?
- Offer comparison 1.5 years experience at Amazon. Indeed (Austin): Senior software engineer 115k base 13% (15k) avg yearly performance bonus 10k anniversary bonus after 1st and 2nd year 10k sign on 25k/3yr stock Microsoft (Bellevue): SDE II (L61) 132k base 60k/4yr RSU 10% (13k) average performance bonus 20k sign on
- Google T3 offer I'm starting with Google on Tuesday so this isn't negotiable anymore but I'm just curious to see how I did. I was at Epic for 1.5 years and was making 100k base + <5% bonuses, no equity or much else. 118k base +15% bonus target 180k in GSUs over 4 years 30k signing (This is in Kirkland) Competing
- 7 yrs ex T4 -Google comp Kirkland offer , help in evaluation. Got this offer for SWE ads team Google Kirkalnd , current SDE 2 in Amazon. Base - 141 k Stock 300 k over 4 years . 25% each year Bonus 15% Sign on 20k. Is this lowest end of T4 (lowballed?) Opinions ?
- Sharing my offers , evaluate (Fb, Google,Ms and Appl) , current SDE2 Sde 2 total 5.5yrs exp Offers , thoughts ? Google (team matched GCP) - T4 (Seattle) , 145k base, 480k worth stocks/4 , 40k signon and year end 15% Fb- E5(Seattle) , 180k base, 600k stocks/4, 40k signon Apple(Bay area)- ICT4 , 180k base, 240k/4, 40k signon Msft Azure(Redmond) -L63 , 160k bas
- vote Netflix or Microsoft (Ignoring Comp) As etiquette demands...$100k/5 YOE I'm stuck between these two. MS is offering $225k in Redmond and Netflix is closer to $275k. Ignoring the compensation (because they're close enough in my opinion), what do you think about the other stuff surrounding the job? Is it preferable to live near Los Ga
- Help evaluating Microsoft offer (L62 PM) Coming from 5 years experience at Amazon Offer for L62 PM (engineering) Base: $140K Sign Bonus: $15K for 2 years ($30 total) Sign Stock: $30K for 4 years ($125 total) TC: $200K (est. with performance bonus) Redmond
- vote Uber vs Microsoft new grad offer MS offer Team- SharePoint Compensation - 108k+120k(rsu) + 50k(sign on) Location - Redmond Uber offer Compensation - 116k + 114k(rsu) Location - SF Please tell me which would be better at this point of time, taking into consideration both work and money. Uber team assignment is not done yet. Exp
- SDE-2 at Amazon moving to Google or Facebook I am SDE-2 working at Amazon for 1.5 years. TC is $160 in Seattle. TC in 2019 and 2020 is around $185. How much will I make if I move to Google or Facebook Seattle? Recruiters from both companies contacted me this month.
- Google @T4 not matching good Oracle MTS-3 offer I got a pretty good offer for an MTS-3 role (I'm Senior at MS). Told Google to match it. The recruiter told me that the compensation committee most likely won't be able to match it. A 160/50/550 offer would have matched it. (+$5k base, +$150k GSUs compared to Google's initial offer). I want to go to
- Prepare for FB, Google I am an SDE3 at Amazon, Seattle. Total work experience: 10 years, Amazon: 7 years. Don’t have any issues with current job except the pay. I am getting: 145k base + 100 RSU(1250) = 270k What can I expect for equivalent level at FB or Google? Any pointers for how to prepare would be helpful. I know
- Google T5 Engineering Offer Review Base salary: $165k Equity: $480k Standard 15% bonus No signon Including bonus, total comp: $309k This is for Seattle area. Currently am senior engineer at Microsoft, 10 years experience. Thoughts? Seems a little low to me for T5, but also don't know what's due to Seattle vs. Bay Area.
- Oracle offer for Senior. Negotiate? This is my first job change in US. I got an offer from Oracle OCI in Seattle for a Senior position (probably MTS-3): Base: $170k Stocks: $375k ~= $265 TC I'm a Senior SDE at MS and have 10 years of experience doing ML at major search engine companies. The TC is about what I have asked since I did
- Facebook bootcamp to switch domain? Got an offer for E5 of 350k total comp in Seattle. Have about 10 years of experience in C++ and mobile development. Dream about moving towards AI/ML. Thinking about joining some ML team (ideally Caffe2, ONNX, etc) at Facebook after the bootcamp, since I can pick any team, AFAIK. Have almost no prio
- salesforce, is it really high end lmts offer? Lmts, 180 base 225 tc with no rsu, hr told me it's alreay the high end. Is it true? And is it common to have no rsu? Location is seattle.
- How is this T4 Google offer , Seattle? Got this offer late last week, need to decide by this week. Team is in GCP. Base 143k Stock 330k for 4 years 15% bonus. Signon 30k. Current total comp - 205k (130k base) SdeII - 2.5 years in amazon. Total experience 7 years. No competing offers. Their initial offer was 136k,270k,10k Recruiter tol
- What's up with this Amazon WDE 2 offer? Recruiter said there is no way they could do above 160 TC. And when I asked for details they said they won't tell me breakdown until I agree to the number. For L5 Wde2. I have 7 years of experience, 1 year of leadership in that. Am I being lowballed or am I being greedy? This is in Seattle.
- Msft -> Lyft Current: msft cloud AI, L62, $135k base, $40k unvested stocks Offer: lyft, $175k base, 11000 RSU-4yrs, $25k signing 6 yrs exp, Seattle location. Thoughts?
- Google L4 offer (Seattle) How is this L4 SWE offer? 6 years exp. Base 135k, bonus 15%, rsu 320k over 4 years, 20k sign on. Don't have a strong competing offer. Seems like an average offer?
- Google T4 to T5 promotion Hi, I received Google offer for T4. There is not much hope of getting promotion to sde3 in Amazon due to recent reorgs happening in my team. Also, learning is limited as there are no good projects in my team, everyone is doing rest and vest. I am considering Google offer. How easy/difficult is it
- Evaluate offers , Fb , Goog or Lnkdn ? Sde1 at Amazon for ~2 years , have total 4.5 experience. GOOGLE Seattle Level4 - 150k+400(100 yearly)+30k signon +minimum 15% bonus , FB Seattle Level 4 - 160k + 350k equity 4 years + 60k signon. LINKEDIN Senior Swe Sunnyvale - 175k + 300k stock + 50k signon + 10% year end bonus. Current comp 1
- Good offer for Amazon SDE-2? Base: 145 K Sign on bonus: 100 K RSU: 120 shares Location: Seattle TC: ~210K per annum I have Masters degree with 4 years experience. I know hiring decision was a strong hire. Thanks for any input
- T4 Google ,please help with honest evaluation I have been offered T4 Seattle area 134k Base 280k stocks/4years 20k Signon Also 15% bonus. Total yoe 4yrs as well as Masters in CS. Current SDE2 tc - 190k This is no way close to other T4 offers I have seen in blind. I think I did extremely well in interviews and recruiter said feedback was als