Why is Tesla opposed to their employees using Blind? We can’t access the app on the company network. Have to use phone data instead. And it seems they’re blocking emails from Blind too. I told a couple of co-workers about the app but they haven’t been able to receive a verification code to complete the sign-up process!
TOP 274 Comments
- Google Trump2024Good. I’m glad to see one company clamping down on their employees. Google needs to do the same with the outrage mobs.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Microsoft richardheaBecause your CEO is a giant turd afraid to hear the slightest discontent.
- It’s metaphorical, turd. Do you know why so many people believe in him? That’s the manly voice of strength part. He has the courage to go against the leftist collectivist consensus-seeking mob and speak his mind about outlandish, impossible things. And you know what? He goes and does them. The guy put a Tesla in friggin orbit.
- Uber ksur76Uber did the same when there was a s*** show going on with Susan Fowler and Travis Kalanick. For some reason the restrictions were gone after Dara became CEO.
- eBay xvbrskfhxnHe is a campion of gender equality at work and building transparent teams. Great leader with good insights into business and financials. Look at his past companies - many will be surprised to know that more women than men work on technology roles. He groom leaders on technology front and empowers them to lead most areas related to tech.
- Blind is a bad thing for companies so it doesn't come to me as a surprise
- Facebook / Strategy missamberGuess they aren’t even trying to hide their attempts to silence employees.
- IBM / Project UmmYeah789I work for a company that provides enterprises level cloud environments for large organization and we send the admin/user invitations to their corporate email addresses. You would be shocked at how many of them can't receive the emails because the IT guys block emails that aren't on their whitelist. Therefore, they have to send a request to the IT email administrator to add our @ #####.com to their approved whitelist. This is normal to cutdown on spam and viruses being sent via email.
- AnchorFree overtimerJust use vpn, so you'll not waste the data plan :) . Touchvpn is free (it's one of our apps, really free and really fast, I recommend).
- Only an idiot employee would allow their Blind traffic to go over their employer's network or on a company-owned asset.
- Well, you’re not really anonymous to Blind as you provide an email for validation in either case.
When I signed on, there were two validation options: receive an email at work or put a work email in LinkedIn and have Blind read that to validate you. The latter can workaround the blocking as long as LinkedIn mails are not also blocked.
- File a complaint anonymously with the state and federal Department of Labor for violating the National Labor Relations Act regarding suppression of communication about pay and working conditions.
- Try working during work time and use blind on your own dime. Then you don't need to concern about not being able to use the company network for this
- eBay xMDS35Blind not checking that you still work at a company just makes this place a good stalking ground for insider trading. That probably has something to do with it given Tesla's love of the SEC.
- Checking still working isn't gonna be all that useful. What would you do about vendors and interns ? or journalists ?
Blind is a result of isolation culture within companies, which don't provide any venues for internal discussion or debate for those who want to engage in them, even for technical matters.
More companies need to have open internal groups, not just some obsecure mailing lists for everyone to freely talk and discuss things.