Wtf is going on!
TOP 71 Comments
- I’ll bookmark this snarky answer so in 2 years when GDPR and by some miracle the US government gets its shit together and brings the regulatory hammer down. Or neither happen and we just watch your platform implode on itself by setting a record number of outages and violations of your users trust and private information.May 21 6
- Thank god the president isn’t hurting commodities and is helping facilitate autonomous vehicle legislation or funding electric infrastructure and all the other stuff the industry needs to succeed in the coming years. I gotta be honest I saw a couple super pro Trump guys get walked out here and I just wanted to ask if they wanted to redo their vote.
- DigitalOcean qUBc69GM talking down? Yikes. If you guys ever built a vehicle that was worth more than it's weight in SCRAP it would be a miracle.
But you're right. We, as a nation, should totally bend over and let China rape us on our imports while giving them free reign to destroy US industries as they have been for years.
- What the fuck is digital ocean? It’s not talking down it’s literally a cited fact by every auto executive since early 2018. No part of my comment implied being raped by China. The comment implied the stupidity of the president to repeatedly tout support of the domestic auto industry then subsequently enact foreign trade policy that directly negatively impacts that exact industry. The proposed changes to CAFE and low fuel prices directly supports consumer adoption of SUVs over small cars, many of the latter are made domestically. Do you actually have anything intelligent to add?
- Tesla / IT m3rulzThe automotive industry is the first to get hit in a resession. I think one is coming 😢
- Amazon SlhS10None of my friends own cars. Car companies are stuck selling to a declining customer base.
- You and your friends are young and single, willing to live in a tiny apartment within walking distance to the office in rather dull area infested with hobos, junkies, and boring Amazon workdrones.
As you and your friends age and marry/have kids you'll get a car. And move to suburbs or a more family friendly area. Unless, of course, you and your friends are gay or plan on staying young forever.
Step out of your bubble and look around. People are buying cars. They just not willing to buy shitty cars.May 22 3
- I have teen and pre-teen at home.
They learn to drive as soon as they need to.
I did not learn until I was 25 but I lived in a big city with good public transportation which doesn't really exist in the US outside of NYC. Oh, and I had friends and parents with cars for those trips out of the city.
I can add that teens also have no interest in arthritis meds, cholesterol meds, blood pressure meds etc. It must indicate declining customer base as well.May 26 0
- And laying off people who suck... GM at least was bloated as shit with people
- Dear GM, sincerely, you don’t know how to do shit when it comes to anything besides making hardware out of molten down bridges.
But GM IT is special kind of purgatory. Every time I need to change my people finder password, we have to get down to how comes is it I have a Mac for an hour or two.
- Microsoft Dr. RootIt's called Karma. Tesla is doing to Ford what Ford did to the horse draw carriages.
- Upgrade yes. Most of the people I know had no desire to upgrade to a more expensive car until the Tesla. They were Camry/Fusion/Accord owners that held out for the cheapest Tesla to become available. One of them is over 50. They had the money but didn't spend it on expensive cars... until the Tesla.
Tesla's taking market share from all markets. I also know a Panamera owner that is about to trade in for an X. You can call them all nerds, nouveau riche, whatever you like but at the end of the day Telsa has mass appeal and will continue to grow.7d 0
- Microsoft checkinnowThis is what happens and will continue to happen when you put a tariff against the biggest growing car market who also happen to be the most important material supplier of these car companies. GM has closed many factories, why is this a surprise? If this continues, we can wait for Boeing lay-off soon.