Hi. I’m new to this app. Curious to know your thoughts on my decision. I am 25 and in construction accounting. Currently I work as a consultant through a staffing firm but they asked me to come on full time.
- Hourly capped at 40 hrs per week
- 85k base
- Medical premiums paid for me (not spouse but she is 24)
- 3 weeks pto
- Salary position (45hrs+)
- 72k base
- 15% base (13k) per year into retirement account no contribution needed fully vested after 6 years
- 3k per year hsa
- Medical premiums for spouse and I
- Stock plan that pays out at 7 years valued at roughly 20k per year for 6 years (let me know if I’m not clear on this one) total value ~120k payouts
- 3 weeks pto
This has been a really tough decision for me and they added on the stock plan and an extra week of pto with negotiations. I ended up asking if we could table the conversation for 6 months after they mentioned that we could do this.
Would love to hear your thoughts/comments!
Do not take it if there is much more growth in your career possible at other companies, because you will feel trapped in your role and feel that you will loose out on the unvested portion.
Also, consider why they have that structure. They may have an issue with employee retention. Amazon has a strange vesting structure and a small percent of people see most of the vesting.