Base = 160k (Salary cap)
Sign on = 300k / 2yrs
Stock = 400k
Amazon TC: 345K
Base = 160k (Salary cap)
- Amazon / Eng 0101011That is top of band for L6 SDM. Take it!! If you try to negotiate, you might come across as greedy to your future manager!
- 'In this case OP was probably downleveled, so HM gave top of band for L6."
You are not caught up.. L6 can touch 400 in case of a down level.. know it from a "friend"
"If I get push back for more money, that just shows the new hire is an idiot with no idea about bands or just plain greedy and will leave soon."
Yikes, try to have a level head as a manager.. your direct reports are staking part of their career on you..
- What I’m saying is I’m hiring the best. I expect them to want to be paid and paid well. They don’t know the bands. At no point did OP say he thought that was max, nor did HM say “that’s all I got”. My comment about tenure was for experience in hiring a number of people in different roles, not authority over anyone. When I said “weak” it’s in regards to wanting the people working for me to strive for more. But then again, you’re talking about technical/engineering roles. I’ve hired for sales engineering, marketing, product, and sales roles. My perspective on a candidates negotiation might be different.
Pardon the grammar error, always a lay-up to knock someone on those.Sep 15, 2018 2
- Amazon / Eng jNeo42How does an L6 SDM offer nearly double an L5 SDE offer? Makes no sense at all.
- Amazon JobFinderYou’re comparing bottom of L5 range to top of L6 range... are you really surprised? That’s basically equivalent to comparing a junior SDE to a principal SDE.
Also, this isn’t a manager vs SDE thing. L6 SDEs make just as much as L6 SDMs - the band is pretty much the same.
- Congrats on the offer!! I got a 160/375(over 2 yrs)/550 without any competitive offer a month back. So you can definitely push the limits on all fronts except maybe base.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Microsoft DOyu71So I got 335 out of that and you say youre making 350 at ms? Why in earth would you move to Amazon for less TC?
- Solid offer for Seattle, congratulations. If this the initial offer you could negotiate on the signon and stock a bit more(15/20k year). If you a competing offers that will help. As previous comments mentioned this is at the higher end of the range for Seattle. Got a similar offer 2 yrs ago if the stock continues to do well like the last couple of years you will be fine.