Congrats on the offer!
Amazon recruiter sent an offer and mentioned the offer will expire this Friday. When I asked for extension she mentioned she can't extend as the system won't allow her. I'm waiting to hear back from Apple on site interview. Is there anything I can do to push Amazon recruiter.
- Amazon TringTringShe is most probably just bluffing. Tell her you need a week at least to decide on it. I am pretty sure they wouldn’t say no to you when you accept the offer a week later.
Congrats on the offer!
- Accept on the last day. If Apple gets back to you with an offer you like, take that. Then tell Amazon you asked, they wouldn’t accommodate you, so you did what was best for you.
- It’s not ideal, obviously. But if they won’t budge, then you need to do what’s best for you. You of course run the risk of being put on a list of people who they won’t interview again.
There was someone on Blind who claimed he was blacklisted from Amazon because he used them as practice interviews. He claimed he got offers from them multiple times but turned them down and went with other places. He submitted his resume to them again and got denied. It’s obviously not the same situation, and he could be making it all up, but there is a risk that you could be blacklisted for reneging. But you can do it.
- My understanding is that Usually they cant extend bexuase they have to reach out to back up candidates who are waiting. Why dont you ask for apple for faster decision time that you are otherwise going to accept Amazon offer
- DM me - if your recruiter cancels offer, I have open reqs on my team in the Bay Area and will gladly chat with you and if it seems like a good match, I will get my recruiter to re-extend you a new offer. Candidates who have already passed an SDE loop recently can be matched with another team without doing another loop.
- ADP maxxxxReceived a call that none of the teams who interviewed me are able to extend an offer currently. I'm stunned coz all 5 rounds went great and every interviewer was happy with the approach I had for asked problems. I've never been this clueless ever before. Interview was for L4 level. I have asked my recruiter to cross check the result. Is there anything I should do? TKS.
- New SizzlerSeaIs the offer for SDE 1, 2 or 3. I was an SDE 3 earning 225k there almost 8 years ago. So 240k sounds low ...
- It is stupid to let go a candidate who is already selected and instead do everything again to hire another one or select second choice. Recruiters do this so you stop looking for another job and join ASAP.