I currently have a SFH in San Jose Bay Area that I want to rent out. I’m wondering if anyone has had experience finding renters for a whole house and wonder what’s the best way? (I.e. Craigslist, realtor, Airbnb listing, etc...)
Best in my opinion would be:
1) highest monthly payment
2) tenant that doesn’t damage the property
3) longevity for at multiple years
- Post on Zillow, much better than Craigslist these days. Then, use mysmartmove.com to screen tenants. Check your area for the rent amount. I do open houses on weekends,saves time. Tie a few balloons 🎈 in the front of the house.
- Facebook 👁️🗨️Post listing on Craigslist, use cozy.co to manage the property and payments
- Netflix CosmicCatUse a real estate agent to find your tenant. They do all the hard work - home showings, credit/background checks, move in, etc. it’s a higher price but they also network amongst other real estate agents. You’ll get a more qualified tenant.
They will probably list on Zillow, the MLS, etc but those are also the sites that relocation agents use for people moving to the area from overseas.