Best way to move money into crypto?
I know a lot of people who have a hard time putting Fiat money into a crypto exchange to purchase coins. We all want a method that is fast, has low/no fees, and is secure. I’m not aware of a single entry point that offers all 3 of these together. I wanted to share my current method for going from Fiat -> any coin. Please comment if you know of a more efficient way:
1. Have a GDAX account (this is the same as your Coinbase login if you use that) and a Binance account.
2. Initiate a money wire from your bank with USD to the GDAX wallet for USD.
3. Exchange the USD for BTC/ETH/LTC on GDAX.
4. Send the newly bought crypto to the Binance wallet for the coin you just bought.
5. Find the Binance exchange between the Alt that you want and the coin you just bought and trade.
The longest step in this is the money wire to the GDAX account, which may take up to a day, but that’s much better than purchasing on Coinbase and waiting like a week for the funds to arrive to the wallet. Everything else here happens within minutes usually. I also see a lot of posts of people criticizing the use of Coinbase/GDAX—is there something else we should be using to exchange the USD? I believe this method involves the least amount of fees as possible, as well.
The reason I use Binance is because it requires no verification so you can trade almost immediately if you already have Bitcoin. Its much easier to use than Kraken (which doesn’t even work like 70% of the time) and Bittrex (which doesn’t offer as many coins). Please share your thoughts!