I'm shocked to learn Google doesn't support a business class flight for a business trip by default. I have a upcoming international trip (12 hours non-stop) that I can only buy an economic class due to limited trip cap.
All my previous companies supported a biz class. Very shocked... Anything I can do?
- Expedia gordonlionPay for the upgrade out of your pocket if that is important for you. Isn't Google giving you enough cash to afford the upgrade? Business class doesn't seem to be an essential requirement for a business trip
- Google fantafienThis is true. Google is CHEAP when it comes to flights. Hot tip: just file for VP exception. Most admins insta approve.
- Google euBx84How late are you booking? I've booked all my domestic trips 1.5 months early and I've always gotten first class. You should be able to get biz class internationally if you book early. If your trip is long enough, you can request a business class cap if I'm not mistaken. Do some research, and you should be able to find more info.
- Well you can move to Facebook and sell the data of your customer to finance your biz class travel, or do like the rest of us: suck it up in economy. Seriously, biz class for long flight is typically 6k$ more. Definitely not worth it
- Seriously, I hope.that most of the responses are sarcastic.
Unless you are VP I don't see why you would need to fly business
- Microsoft / Biz DevMemeGenXI've found trip caps for flights to be super generous at Google making it easy to build up credits to upgrade hotels/flights when I want to. Hotels are a different story. Either way just go for VP approval. But yeah I miss default business class for international at Microsoft.