Call insurance for two small but deep scratches on model S from a rock (or something)on the road?Jan 23
I have comprehensive coverage and a 500 deductible. I own the car (but paying the loan), it is in perfect shape other than these unsightly scratches.
Given how expensive repairs on these cars are, I am considering it, but I am concerned about a large rate hike. Currently paying 1000 a year with progressive.
Should I pay out of pocket or call the insurance
Estimate came at $2500. It is barely dented
- Amazon / EngunclebejjomoreSeems like you spent all your money on your Tesla because your camera sucks.
- Get your car wrapped. Worth the money and Tesla’s are known to have finicky paint jobs
- Google nlxS44Wow, I’m surprised your premium is so low for a Model S. It’s definitely $1000 per year and not per six months? May I ask what your liability limits are? Been shopping for insurance lately myself.
IMO you should consider paying out of pocket if you can afford it and it’s relatively cheap (< $1000). Any claims will hurt you.
- Google nooglerxAs per what happened with me and what progressive told me is that comprehensive claims don’t count towards insurance rate increase. I also used it for rock dent on my car and insurance rate had no changes (it went down after six months)
- Amazon kuchnaiThere’s this compound that you can buy on amazon which merges the scratch with the neighboring areas like photoshop blemish removal tool. If you car is tooooo shiny it may stand out depending on how big the scratch is, but if it’s matte it might work perfectly. I’ve used it on my car multiple times.